• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
dperiat

Real estate ownership corp management fees

dperiat    0

Hi, I'm new, I hope I'm using the right protocall to post this question. I bought a few acres of land a year ago. How much should I be paying an attorney or CPA to file my annual corporation filings for land ownership? Are there any referrels anyone can make? Thanks, dan

CountDown    0

Dan, welcome to the forum. Assuming your corporation is only holding your land, it should be an "inactive" corporation. No filings are required (and therefore no cost.)

So the answer is in two parts:

• Verify that your attorney has your corporation listed as "inactive"
  • Stop paying management fees

Beyond that, until you use (or sell) your land you'll only need someone to pay the property tax annually, cut the grass/weeds occasionally, and to ensure that no squatters settle there.

If squatters live on it for a year and make improvements (almost any structure) they can claim it for themselves. Everyone here knows this but I mention it anyway.

Edited by CountDown

REATTORNEY    0

Hello,

Although your corporation is inactive (just title holder-no running biz), you must pay certain tax o stamp which is AKA Impuesto de Educacion y Cultura. It is due in March of every year. In the worst scenario, you will have to pay $20 which nothing.

Oscar

Sam Ramon    0

Dan, welcome to the forum. Assuming your corporation is only holding your land, it should be an "inactive" corporation. No filings are required (and therefore no cost.)

So the answer is in two parts:

• Verify that your attorney has your corporation listed as "inactive"
  • Stop paying management fees

Beyond that, until you use (or sell) your land you'll only need someone to pay the property tax annually, cut the grass/weeds occasionally, and to ensure that no squatters settle there.

If squatters live on it for a year and make improvements (almost any structure) they can claim it for themselves. Everyone here knows this but I mention it anyway.

Question: I think I was charged some sort of "taxes" by my attorney, on my 2 corporations. One holds my bank account and the other holds my land. Is this normal, when are these taxes due, and how much should they be, mas o menos?

Igor    0

Hello,

Although your corporation is inactive (just title holder-no running biz), you must pay certain tax o stamp which is AKA Impuesto de Educacion y Cultura. It is due in March of every year. In the worst scenario, you will have to pay $20 which nothing.

Oscar

How to find out if I have to pay any tax?

My lawyer didn't tell me anything.

Won't it end up with a multiple penalty?