Sign in to follow this  
Henery

Difference between real estate agent and real estate broker

From a technical standpoint, the difference between a real estate agent and a real estate broker is the fact that they hold different licenses. In order to obtain the different licensing, a real estate broker must actually complete additional coursework beyond what a real estate agent must complete. Although many people use the terms real estate agent and real estate broker interchangeably, a broker actually has more schooling and bears more responsibilities throughout the transaction. Since a broker has more education and experience, real estate agents actually work beneath the broker. Therefore, a person that works as an independent realtor must be a broker as well.

Cyclista - that is exactly where I was going. Probably the first thing would be to make a really nice Real Estate License on your computer and print it on your printer and then put it on the wall as if it really means something.

Cyclista - that is exactly where I was going. Probably the first thing would be to make a really nice Real Estate License on your computer and print it on your printer and then put it on the wall as if it really means something.

I think the second thing is to make a nice-looking "Travel to Costa Rica" website.

Henery, has posted a website in the USA...

Henery, as long as he answers our Forums Members' questions on-topic and does not overtly self-promote it, may place that link in his sig-block.

. . . As are allowed, other Members here on the Forums who have been similarly requested to constrain themselves.

I do notice that after his original post he has, strangely, not responded to any of the replies to it.

Paul M.

==

I guess by now you have been able to read thru the fine print in reply to your question re; the difference between a Real Estate "Agent" vs Real Estate "Broker". Having lived in CR for many years I would identify either of those descriptions as an "extranjero" who arrives in CR who may have the only license (in hand) being a drivers license (valid ??) from the country they departed and "wa-laa" they are now selling Real Estate....ah, but, not only those "extranjeros", Tico's also find that Real Estate invitation rewarding and "Boom" are self appointed "Agents or Brokers", whatever feels comfortable. You may find additional info at www.camaracbr.or.cr/ (Spanish - Camara Costarricense de Corredores)...."CAVET EMPTOR" ... and remember, NEVER - give money on any project unless it is 99% finished (regardless what "this" Agent or Broker tells you). Good Luck !