• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
Sign in to follow this  
bphipps4

Ventana del Pacifico

bphipps4    0

I am new to the forum and am interested in feedback from people who have had experience with Ventana del Pacifico developers in or near Ojochal. I will be visiting Costa Rica in January. I have seen a few older posts but nothing recent. I'm sure opinions will vary considerably and it looks like there are a number of developers in that area. I know some people only tend to post when they have an axe to grind so I'm hoping to get a balanced/objective view.

I have been told that growth is imminent with the new International Airport slated to open in 2010 along with a hospital and a marina in Golfito? Is there a sense that real estate is picking up there?

Thanks,

Brenda

Jimmy    0

Hi Brenda,

Best to spend time in the area and weigh your options. There are many opinions on VDP. See for yourself.

As for real estate moving, it still seems very stagnant. The airport is still not a guaranteed and Golfito is too far

away to have an effect on this area.

Jimmy

bphipps4    0

Hi Brenda,

Best to spend time in the area and weigh your options. There are many opinions on VDP. See for yourself.

As for real estate moving, it still seems very stagnant. The airport is still not a guaranteed and Golfito is too far

away to have an effect on this area.

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy,

Interesting....I wonder what the actual influx of new residents is then? It sounds like moving to CR is a hotter topic now with fallout in the North American economy. Is tourism generally down as well then?

bphipps4    0

If you like hot & humid this may be for you!

But, with all the questions that surround this development, I would suggest you look at something already built, with a good track record.

Good point..particularly if the market is pretty flat.

John Cocker    0

I am new to the forum and am interested in feedback from people who have had experience with Ventana del Pacifico developers in or near Ojochal. I will be visiting Costa Rica in January. I have seen a few older posts but nothing recent. I'm sure opinions will vary considerably and it looks like there are a number of developers in that area. I know some people only tend to post when they have an axe to grind so I'm hoping to get a balanced/objective view.

I have been told that growth is imminent with the new International Airport slated to open in 2010 along with a hospital and a marina in Golfito? Is there a sense that real estate is picking up there?

Thanks,

Brenda

Johnhw2    0

Thanks Jimmy,

Interesting....I wonder what the actual influx of new residents is then? It sounds like moving to CR is a hotter topic now with fallout in the North American economy. Is tourism generally down as well then?

In 2009, I visited CR three times. Estimates varied about how much tourism was down but a 40% drop was commonly reported to me. The housing market was stronger when the US was having its housing boom. The boom was focused on higher end second or vacation homes for tourist rental, now the boom is more moderately priced homes for middle to upper middle class Americans to retire here. Development has slowed overall in part due to tougher financing to build a spec home etc, also due to lower demand of course. So existing homes available has not increased significantly in my view. I'm sure others will have a different view but that is my two cents worth. Been going to CR for 15 years so that is my reference point.

Kees&Ellen    0

Thanks,

Brenda

Hi Brenda

Email me directly and I will pass some info to you

Ellen