JamesBahn

RE agent recommendatio for Jaco Area

Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone may be able to recommend a RE agent that could show houses within a 30-40 mile radius of Jaco. My family is looking for a long term (2-3year) rental in that area. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

James - I live 30 min south of Jaco. My neighborhood has a lot of houses for rent. What kind of requirements do you have? Gated community with security or not in a community? Ocean front, ocean view, or just walking distance to the beach? Any particular amenities needed?

Let me know - if my neighborhood fits the bill, I can give you the e-mail address for the property manager for our neighborhood.

Jessica

Hi Jessica,

We are looking for what I would call a moderately sized home (roughly around 2000sq ft). I am hoping for 3 bedrooms (or 2 bedrooms and an office) I need a place with a yard because we have a dog that likes to have a place for a quick run. We also have two indoor cats. A gated community would be great, but it isnt a deal breaker for me. Would love to have a private pool, but it isnt a deal breaker either. As far as proximity to the beach, I would like to be within a 15 minute drive if possible. The wife and I are also "eat-in" type people so a great kitchen is a must.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers.

Our neighborhood is mostly 2 bedroom homes...I'm not sure if the few 3 bedrooms are rentals but can find out. Otherwise, we are a 5 min walk to the beach & in a gated & 24/7 guarded community. The yards aren't huge but we have a HUGE green zone with pool & rancho area. You can email me at reevestribe at comcast dot net if you want me to give you the property manager's e-mail address!

Jessica

Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone may be able to recommend a RE agent that could show houses within a 30-40 mile radius of Jaco. My family is looking for a long term (2-3year) rental in that area. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

James,

We rent on a yearly basis in Nativa Resort. It is 25 minutes North of Jaco, just beyond the Tarcoles River. It is about the most secure place in the area and set on 350 acres with extremely low density.In the entire community, there are only 9 people in 4 families that reside here on a full time basis. There may be some owners that would be interested in a long term rental in the 3 bedroom condominiums. If you are interested, I would be happy to check further.

Diane

There is a website called cyber rentals that has hundreds of homes in CR for rent from one week to 6 months or longer. I have used them several times with good results.

James,

We rent on a yearly basis in Nativa Resort. It is 25 minutes North of Jaco, just beyond the Tarcoles River. It is about the most secure place in the area and set on 350 acres with extremely low density.In the entire community, there are only 9 people in 4 families that reside here on a full time basis. There may be some owners that would be interested in a long term rental in the 3 bedroom condominiums. If you are interested, I would be happy to check further.

Diane

Diane - I have often wondered what was behind the huge gates at Nativa. It appears to be mostly condos though right? Do they have private yards, as a townhome might? Is it a dog friendly area. We are in a condo in Escazu and I often get strange looks from people since our dog goes most places with us.

There is a website called cyber rentals that has hundreds of homes in CR for rent from one week to 6 months or longer. I have used them several times with good results.

China - these seem to be all vacation rentals, or am I missing a section? The prices are also extremely high on that sight. There is one house we looked at yesterday in Hermosa that rents for $1200 month at the local RE office. On that sight they had it listed for $2300 a month! Talk about a Gringo tax. We are also finding it difficult to find unfurnished.

James,

It is mostly condos. There are 36 condos, owned mostly by Americans and Ticos and there is lots of common area to walk your dog. One of the owners has 2 small dogs. Those condos are 3 bedroom. There are 8 townhomes, 2 bedroom, but no private yard. One is most definitely open to a yearly rental and they love cats, so I'm sure they would accept a dog. Then there are a 3rd set of condos, mostly unsold, and probably not available for rent.

You are correct, there are only 4 houses built and only one is available for rental on a weekly, not long term basis.

Generally, having a dog here will not be a problem. Owners who come here for long stays even bring their dogs from the states.

I wouldn't even begin to guess what rents might be in the condo's, but I'm guessing about 2K per month. In the townhomes, probably about $1300 or $1400.

Diane