We will be bringing our chihuahua in January for ten weeks. We'll be at Los Suenos on the central Pacific coast. Wondering if we can buy Science Diet brand food in either Jaco or San Jose. We'd prefer not to have to bring it from the States. Thanks.

HI, Jo. I would do a search on the forum if I were you, only b/c a lot of info has been given even recently. Some may not want to respond to this again. Just search for dog food or something and you should find the info. Good luck!

I just returned from CR and saw plenty of places in Escazu/Santa Ana area offering that brand of dog food. So should not need to take it...Auto Mercado food store had it if I recall correctly as well as Pricesmart...have to be a member there to buy it...

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

HI, Jo. I would do a search on the forum if I were you, only b/c a lot of info has been given even recently. Some may not want to respond to this again. Just search for dog food or something and you should find the info. Good luck!

Thanks. I did search dog food and didn't come up with anything other than my post and two responses. I may just bring his food. We're staying ten weeks and he's small so that will be what we do.

You can buy Science Diet many places in Costa Rica. Just because you can't find it on a search doesn't mean to can't buy it. You can also check on the Yahoo Groups Costa Rica Living forum since lots of expats use that and are always talking about where to buy stuff. Plus one poster gave you the names of four specific places where you can buy it.