• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
TicoGrande

Forums Upgrade Today around 10:30 AM CST

TicoGrande    0

Major software upgrade today...

With luck I will not screw it up... but if I do, I can fix what I break.

Be patient... all things come to those who wait :)

When done, notify me of any goofy goings on.

TG

TicoGrande    0

Well THAT was fun!

Looks kinda cool too!

TicoGranIdiota (me) forgot to put the board in Maintenance mode before the upgrade... Duh! Therefore, instead of getting the "We are upgrading..." or some such, you got goofy errors.

Sooooorrreeee!!

Then the calendar stopped working.... It's OK now but I needed heart medication for a while there.

The View New Posts thingy is GONE.. replaced upper right by "View New Content".

Likely there are other things changed so by all means post here your comments, changes you have found, etc.

Enjoy!

TG

emily100    0

Ok, where can I click when I just want to see a list of all the new topics or responses? I used to click "View New Posts" and it took me there. Where is it in this format? thanks!

KTM Nick    0

Ok, where can I click when I just want to see a list of all the new topics or responses? I used to click "View New Posts" and it took me there. Where is it in this format? thanks!

Click on "View New Content" on the right-hand side, just under the Search bar that's in the blue ARCR Forums banner.

TicoGrande    0

And for you geeky types or geek wannabees, there is a little orange dealy next to "View New Content". The is an RSS feed, meaning you can have the new posts delivered to any news reader (Google, Yahoo, etc.

You will still need to login though to read the whole thing.

TG

MercutioATC    0

Looks great!

Small suggestion: The page uses a lot of pale blue. You might consider tweaking the contrast a bit.

(example...right below each message is a pale blue toolbar. Below that is a slightly darker pale blue divider. Below that is the pale blue header bar of the next message. I like the blues, but the low degree of contrast between the shades makes it a little difficult (for me) to differentiate the breaks)

Oh! One additional small suggestion: A divider line on each forum's front page between the sticky threads and the unsticky threads.

Edited by MercutioATC

TicoGrande    0

Well enjoy it while you can. I am afraid the speed increase MAY be due to temporary removal of the display ads that normally appear above each forum. I am working on getting them functioning again before I make any color changes. Once I do, you may be back to a lower speed as some of those ads are too big.

TG