Sign in to follow this  
SellingCR

Dominical Vacation Rentals

It's interesting to see, that after all this time of people giving the advice of first renting in the area you are considering living, we are now seeing an increase in this very area. Dominical vacation rentals are on the rise as people considering moving to this part of Southern Costa Rica, are heeding our advice. It's wise to get to know your little section of Costa Rica before packing up and selling everything to move somewhere you're not 100% sure of. Our selection of rentals in the area of Dominical beach are rarely not booked and as the rentals increase, so do the sales. Yes its true, you win some you lose some but better to have happy clients than unhappy clients because you failed to give them good advice before making such a huge leap of faith.

It's interesting to see, that after all this time of people giving the advice of first renting in the area you are considering living, we are now seeing an increase in this very area. Dominical vacation rentals are on the rise as people considering moving to this part of Southern Costa Rica, are heeding our advice. It's wise to get to know your little section of Costa Rica before packing up and selling everything to move somewhere you're not 100% sure of. Our selection of rentals in the area of Dominical beach are rarely not booked and as the rentals increase, so do the sales. Yes its true, you win some you lose some but better to have happy clients than unhappy clients because you failed to give them good advice before making such a huge leap of faith.

People in the real estate business in C/R may have an opportunity presented to them in the very near future unparrallel in very few other places in the world. C/R has done an excellent job of promoting itself to the rest of the world and they share

this excellent opportunity. But........unless someone figures out that the opportunity lies in treating people as people and not

as $$$$ signs then the opportunity will come to naught. A lot of bad publicity is circulating on this forum and others about realtors and the government. My friends, anxious to come to C/R and retire or invest now have second thoughts. Some have made a few trips, talked to real estate people, tried to find out pertinent information from Goverment sources and

come to me shrugging their shoulders... you can message me and i will elaborate. Or express your thoughts and ability to

provide services and etc. for the wave of people I see moving or visiting there in the coming years......I will personally

beat the drums for any service related agency that wishes to make moving to, retiring to and in general gives a crap about

making C/R a better place for us all........john

Edited by builderlongtime

......I will personally beat the drums for any service related agency that wishes to make moving to, retiring to and in general gives a crap about making C/R a better place for us all........john

Here here John!

We all hear plenty of the bad side of real estate and moving to Costa Rica. It would be really refreshing to hear of a business that provides excellent service to their clients.

I can see the posts now...

Before

Thread: Can anyone recommend a real estate agent?

Reply: There are no good real estate agents in CR. Hire a good lawyer.

After

Reply: I know of an excellent agent who works in an office full of good agents. I'll PM you their email address. Tell them hello for me!

What a wonderful world it would be!

Here here John!

We all hear plenty of the bad side of real estate and moving to Costa Rica. It would be really refreshing to hear of a business that provides excellent service to their clients.

I can see the posts now...

Before

Reply: There are no good real estate agents in CR. Hire a good lawyer.

After

Thread: Can anyone recommend a good lawyer......

Reply: I know of an excellent lawyer who works in an office full of other good lawyers... I am waiting for them to get back to me......Will advise when they do.....Hell, its only been 2 months but things are slower in C/R than the U. S.

What a wonderful world it could be if people could do what they say they can.!

Mark......thanks for your feedback and suggested thread. I corrected it somewhat. The question you proposed is......."Can anyone reccomend a good real estate agent? The reply was " there are no good real estate agents in C/R! Hire a good lawyer"........THE REPLY SHOULD BE......................

There are no good lawyers in C/R! The one my friend hired hasn't got back to me yet but when he does I will email the

info to you.

The benefits for real estate agents and lawyers in the years to come are mind boggling here......but my take in the year and a half i have been trying to find out information leads me to believe......as most people have found out.......The real estate agents and the lawyers are no different than the average man in the street......They want you $$$$ for as little as they have to produce......

Sad but it appears to be the consensus.......Please someone say it isn't so and post the evidence to prove it........Provide us with those competent and caring real estate people and lawyers...........Mark....thanks for you posts and input.....have enjoyed and been further illuminated..........john

THE REPLY SHOULD BE......................

There are no good lawyers in C/R! .......john

I heartily disagree! Our lawyer is fantastic. She is smart, helpful and creative! She not only makes sure the contracts for our property purchases protect us, but also the vendor(s), she ensures they are fair to both sides, and takes the time to explain everything. She has found problems with documents other lawyers have prepared and created new ones from scratch. She has vouched for us personally in the face of potential complications, thus smoothing the way for the sale. I talked with her about the type of property we would next be interested in, 2 weeks later she already had a list of 3 potentials...

I heartily disagree! Our lawyer is fantastic. She is smart, helpful and creative! She not only makes sure the contracts for our property purchases protect us, but also the vendor(s), she ensures they are fair to both sides, and takes the time to explain everything. She has found problems with documents other lawyers have prepared and created new ones from scratch. She has vouched for us personally in the face of potential complications, thus smoothing the way for the sale. I talked with her about the type of property we would next be interested in, 2 weeks later she already had a list of 3 potentials...

Just curious (from another Canadian) >> is her name Marcella?

PM me if you'd rather ...

We used a lawyer and real estate 'helper' recommended by ARCR and found the service to be helpful, accurate, timely and not as expensive as the lawyers and agents in the north. Naturally, they charge a fee.....their children have to eat too and their mortgages also have to be paid.

No one took advantage of us!