John,

Thank you for welcoming me, my husband, and our son (7) into your country...when you create your own country.

Laura K

Laura........I would offer you the Secretary of State position in my new country but........I am not so sure I want to form the country with any of the so called free world political systems.....I think a monarcy, the ones that worked in Biblical times might be a better starting point. I have also considered some of the systems that we found on other planets in some of the Star Trek series but I kinda think

I want to be King because as Mel Brooks said " Being King is Good". I just think this would eliminate a lot of discussion and be a quicker way to get the things implemented that we need to work on to save this planet...and we are running out of time. I would expect your and the other contributors on this Forum to tell me what to do.......john

I would expect your and the other contributors on this Forum to tell me what to do.......john

Or, where to go.

Everyone has great quotes. Keep the quotes coming.

Hi Laura~

Here is my quote contribution.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke 1729-1797

I wonder if those in power will notice that there are suddenly people wanting to leave the U.S. in droves; the Country that they love

and where they were born "FREE".

There are good men available to do something, but they seem to be scattered right now due to the polictical majority. And there's so much in-fighting. I remember an old childish saying: "Happiness is 3-kids in a sandbox with no fighting" Go figure!

Barb

Laura.......Now I know what it means........

When I form my own country you, your husband and family will be welcome......

john

All Hail King John!

Can Pete & I come & live in your new country, too? He's too old to fight and I'm his caregiver, so I've gotta be there, too :unsure:

Barb

All Hail King John!

Can Pete & I come & live in your new country, too? He's too old to fight and I'm his caregiver, so I've gotta be there, too :unsure:

Barb

Yes of course you would be welcome as i expect Pete to be one of my advisors. If he paid attention all those years surely he knows more than most of us. There will be no need to fight anyone, just as C/R has found no need. We will not pattern the country after one that looks for enemys and whose media fills its subjects mind with fear of diseases, of enemies or natural disasters and complex problems, many of which can be solved with logical simple solutions. Every policeman will be our friend, every bureacrat will not be out to tax us and every woman will not be out to change us. We will all have shelter, we will all have food and we will all have medical. Alas.....human kind will have to evolve at least as far as Episode 31 of the Star Trek Voyager series before we can get started. Anyone have some hard data on when that might be.....We will

all have to remain knights until the evolution occurs.....

... every woman will not be out to change us.

LOL!

That one sir is not possible IMHO.

8^)

For the quotes section:

98% of all quoted statistics are made up on the spot in a desperate attempt to win an argument.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Pray to god if you wish, but don't stop rowing furiously away from the rocks.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. (Barry Goldwter)

LOL!

That one sir is not possible IMHO.

8^)

For the quotes section:

98% of all quoted statistics are made up on the spot in a desperate attempt to win an argument.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Pray to god if you wish, but don't stop rowing furiously away from the rocks.

Sir......I would like you in my court. Insightfulness is not prevelant in the kingdom. You seem to

have it. I thank your mother and father for part of this and you for the rest. Several positions in the court

are still open....would you consider. john

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. (Barry Goldwter)

Well, this is true. But they won't take it........all. You will think they have but.......

Barry Goldwater was from my home state......Arizona.........

he was a good guy but only had one fault.........

HE WAS A POLITICIAN.

john

Ah! But have you not noticed that I have been forever branded as the cursing attacker?

:ph34r:

Ah but I have noticed........and that is why I want you. You are providing the neccesary

commentary, the necessary honesty and experience that many do not have. We all wish

things to be the way we envision and when one says different we want to disagree. If we

don't then we must admit that our premise was wrong. For most humans this is difficult to

do. Since I am not human.....its easy for me....love your disagreeement and "this is how it

is" with the newbees. keep posting.....let me know if there is a property next to yours......

john

.....let me know if there is a property next to yours......

LOL!

Thank you for your kind words.

BTW you missed a rental across the street by a month. $600 gingerbread house.

John,

I'm so glad you like the Barry Goldwater quote.

Not only is he a good guy he is also very wise.

Laura K