Sign in to follow this  
badboy

rentals in atenas

Hello out there in costa rica..I personally dont want to buy and live in a condo at Jaco..but I am looking for a nice rental home in atenas..from what I hear rentals are tight since there is no money avaliable to buy..moving down in July and need a place to live...budget is flexible ....any ideas from anyone

tks

Hello out there in costa rica..I personally dont want to buy and live in a condo at Jaco..but I am looking for a nice rental home in atenas..from what I hear rentals are tight since there is no money avaliable to buy..moving down in July and need a place to live...budget is flexible ....any ideas from anyone

tks

There are always flyers advertising rentals in Atenas posted on bulleting boards around town. Kay's Gringo Postres has a large bulletin board with several currently posted in both English and Spanish. There are other bulletin boards here and there also. As for prices, they are all over the map.

Get some kind of transportation and drive around until you see a sign that says Se Aquila. It can take some time to find the right place, but it worked for me. Many times the good rentals are not advertised and people find out about them by word of mouth. I had to drive around for about two weeks but found a nice Tico place to call home for under $300 bucks (155,000 colones) per month in the hills outside San Jose. Also check the paper (El Nacion, Al Dia, La Teja) and you might come across something else while driving to look at a place. It helps to have a Tico call the phone numbers on the signs when you are driving around because your accent will probably put the "Gringo Tax" effect. Atenas is a nice place. You might find something in La Garita also. It's just down the road towards San Jose.