revealrealestate

MLS in Costa Rica?

I understand that there are a few fledgling MLS systems in Costa Rica. Are there any zones/areas where the coverage is complete? I was looking at other Central American countries and found the most comprehensive to be in Honduras covering Roatan. But I am yet to explore Costa Rica in detail.

Edited by revealrealestate

There is no real MLS in CR. 90% + of all homes sold in CR do not use the services of real estate folks. In the remaining Gringo market there are many many more realtors than buyers.

Edited by sabo941

As Sabo said, there is NO complete MLS in CR. However, CRGAR (Costa Rican Global Association of Realtors) and Camara Costaricense de Bienes Raices also has their 'version' of MLS. I don't know where Sabo got his figure of 90% of people buying properites without us real estate folks. That seems very high....

Sorry, that was to be use not us. My bad. I was thinking that more than 90% of real estate sold is to Ticos and I don't know many that have used real estate folks.