• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts which are inappropriate to the Support Forums will be deleted without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
rpiercy

PLEASE SEND EMAIL

39 posts in this topic

Hi DogMan,

Just wondering if you have a link to anything about the Belize system that you mention above.

----omitted---

Paul M.

==

hi Paul, sorry I didn't come by the forum in a while

check out

http://ambergriscaye.com/economics/immigration.html

http://ambergriscaye.com/economics/immigra...perm-resid.html

there are other good sites on the net with similar information as well, just google belize residency----this seems the best program in Central America and English is the language of the country eliminating one barrier that can be troublesome for many -- I haven't been but I hear the people are very nice and there are lots of ruins and lost cities you might get a chance to explore

hi Paul, sorry I didn't come by the forum in a while

check out

http://ambergriscaye.com/economics/immigration.html

http://ambergriscaye.com/economics/immigra...perm-resid.html

there are other good sites on the net with similar information as well, just google belize residency----this seems the best program in Central America and English is the language of the country eliminating one barrier that can be troublesome for many -- I haven't been but I hear the people are very nice and there are lots of ruins and lost cities you might get a chance to explore

Interesting information, Thanks

TicaNadian

Well... apparently this bill is passing. Just freaking great.

Not as I read it

AMCosta Rica page 3 doesn't it just say figures amended; also it is still as clear as mud, particularly in that it doesn't state whether rentista is applicant only for 2500 ie. including spouse or 2500 each. 2500 each will be way too rich for most people.

Wait and see; if its too much I'll see you in Belize

Rich

Edited by potoo

I am sure it will take some time. As long as i can get my app in quickly, I'll be fine, but the next guy might have a problem.

It says:

A legislative committee drawing up a new immigration bill has established income requirements for rentistas at $2,500 a month and for pensionados at $1,000 a month.

The confirmed numbers now come from a summary of action Tuesday in the Comisión Permanente de Asuntos de Gobierno y Administración. The committee concluded the period Tuesday for making amendments to the bill.

The committee is expected to send the proposal back to the full Asamblea Legislativa today. Other amendments are possible there but not likely.

Not as I read it

AMCosta Rica page 3 doesn't it just say figures amended; also it is still as clear as mud, particularly in that it doesn't state whether rentista is applicant only for 2500 ie. including spouse or 2500 each. 2500 each will be way too rich for most people.

Wait and see; if its too much I'll see you in Belize

Rich

CR seems so fond of shooting itself in the foot -- it makes you wonder why.

Does anybody know if we can start an application without having all our papers ready and then provide them as they come in -- this might give a chance to get grandfathered in.

They didn't mention if they are going to try to apply this retroactively also -- precedent would go against this but you just never know.

Belize looks better all the time doesn't it?

CR seems so fond of shooting itself in the foot -- it makes you wonder why.

Does anybody know if we can start an application without having all our papers ready and then provide them as they come in -- this might give a chance to get grandfathered in.

They didn't mention if they are going to try to apply this retroactively also -- precedent would go against this but you just never know.

Belize looks better all the time doesn't it?

I can't say first-hand, but my attorney tells me that you can't start the application without all documents ready. But she did say that if you submit everything, and a document is rejected, you may correct the problem and still be grandfathered in, even if the law changes during your denied application. As long as you fix the documents and get them in, you're still protected.

I think I read that Belize requires like $2500 for pensionados? No way I could do that.

Nice try but no cigar.

Been there - tried that - didn't work.

The consulate requires the application submission to be totally complete before it will be accepted. That's birth documents, marriage cert., police good conduct letter (all with proper State of origin Notaries AND Secty of State (of origin) "seals" AND appropriate CR consulate seals/stamps on EACH), power of attny from agent/attorney in CR, letter of application, pension/financial letter of certification and translations of all documents by an APPROVED translator. I think that's it.

Oh, you have to juggle the documents issuance so that they all get into the consulate with no one of them more than 6 months old.

Fun ain't it.

It's really not that hard (unless you have some "complication" like you were born or married outside the 50 states) but it's hard to find all the info on how to do this.

Good luck.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor