We have talked about this subject before, as in 'could you live with your self if your beloved pet' got injured here? Many posters bring their pets with them, and mention that they are 'family' but even with family things happen.

Just today, our largest dog was bitten by a rattlesnake on her ear. She has been given many shots so we are keeping our fingers crossed for her. They did get the snake, though.

My hubby and our worker was with her and she ran into the long grass and luckily the new pup found her so they could take her to the vet which is only 2 minutes up the road. Her ear and face/neck is swollen so we just have to wait and see what happens.

Since living here, we have 'lost' four dogs, two to poisonings, one puppy to distemper and one to a tic disease.

It is so sad to have to go through this!

We have talked about this subject before, as in 'could you live with your self if your beloved pet' got injured here? Many posters bring their pets with them, and mention that they are 'family' but even with family things happen.

Just today, our largest dog was bitten by a rattlesnake on her ear. She has been given many shots so we are keeping our fingers crossed for her. They did get the snake, though.

My hubby and our worker was with her and she ran into the long grass and luckily the new pup found her so they could take her to the vet which is only 2 minutes up the road. Her ear and face/neck is swollen so we just have to wait and see what happens.

Since living here, we have 'lost' four dogs, two to poisonings, one puppy to distemper and one to a tic disease.

It is so sad to have to go through this!

So sorry to hear about all the pets you have lost. I know how hard that is. But I had a dog years ago that was bitten twice by rattlesnakes and survived both. His skin turned black but that was the only lasting effect. They happened in California, but I imagine the rattlers here are similar. I hope this provides some encouragement.

Edited by Shea

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. I have 3 dogs and knock on wood have not had many problems, Don't see many snakes In Sarachi but one of my dogs caught a huge rat the other day and killed it... but not before it bit my pup... no lasting effects... she has all her shots... only the third rat in 3 years. I hope your pup is okay..

Glad to report that she seems to be doing fine! She is still receiving 2 injections per day. Her face.neck swelled to huge proportions, but I think she must be blessed with good luck as this is the same dogs that was cut on the head by a machete after she walked up behind the worker.

Thankfully we were very near help, and was able to get the antivenin fast. And thanks for your concern.