Could anyone recommend a good buget motel or hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida?? I need lodging for a day or two and then fly out of the Fort Lauderdale, Airport. Also, is there Good public transportation available from the Miami International Airport to Fort Lauderdale?

Edited by tibas9

is there Good public transportation available from the Miami International Airport to Fort Lauderdale?

Try Supershuttle, but they won't be cheap.

Forgot all about Tri-Rail!

Doh!

Edited by MiamiDavid

To get from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale, look into renting a car. It may not be a good deal in FL, but it is what we do in California - no drop-off charges, you're on your own schedule, convenient...

Hi Tibas9,

Tri-Rail, for some incomprehensible reason, does not service MIA, I was told. So, it's possible that if you do not have a boatload of luggage it might be practical to hire a taxi to the nearest Tri-Rail station and use it to go on up to FLL, saving the rest of the cab-fare. Last I heard Tri-Rail cost about $3.00, but may be a bit more now.

The other suggestion, to rent a car at MIA, may have some value and a one- or two-day rental may be worth it for the mobility it would allow. And no drop-off charges if you are going airport to airport would make it a better bargain still.

In any event, either one sounds do-able, to me. [Or, mayhap I don't know from where I speak.]

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Edited by Epicatt2

Hi Tibas9,

Tri-Rail, for some incomprehensible reason, does not service MIA, I was told. So, it's possible that if you do not have a boatload of luggage it might be practical to hire a taxi to the nearest Tri-Rail station and use it to go on up to FLL, saving the rest of the cab-fare. Last I heard Tri-Rail cost about $3.00, but may be a bit more now.

The other suggestion, to rent a car at MIA, may have some value and a one- or two-day rental may be worth it for the mobility it would allow. And no drop-off charges if you are going airport to airport would make it a better bargain still.

In any event, either one sounds do-able, to me. [Or, mayhap I don't know from where I speak.]

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Thanx to all that replied to my request as this is very helpful! Any recommendations on a confortable budget motel or hotel near the Fort Lauderdale area?

Could anyone recommend a good buget motel or hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida?? I need lodging for a day or two and then fly out of the Fort Lauderdale, Airport. Also, is there Good public transportation available from the Miami International Airport to Fort Lauderdale?

go to the website for the tri rail and YES they can get you from Miami International to Ft. Lauderdale. We have done it in the past...very cheap and convenient. Here is the link:

http://www.tri-rail.com/

Also, on the Spirit air website you can look at hotels and there are budget priced ones that pop up. Also, www.tripadvisor.com is a good one to look at hotels in a particular area at a specific price and read reviews!

Good Luck.

go to the website for the tri rail and YES they can get you from Miami International to Ft. Lauderdale. ... Here is the link:

http://www.tri-rail.com/

Thanx Gringatica,

I was told that the TriRail did not go to MIA. But no one told me that there was a shuttle.

We learn somepin' every day.

Cheers!

Paul M.