Weight Loss Program and Gastric Bypass Program

For those of you who are wondering how you will lose weight, are wondering how to lose weight right now, or wondering how you will maintain your weight in Costa Rica and don't want to do it alone, here is one place I found in Costa Rica: http://www.la-weightloss.com/National/CostaRica.aspx.

I know about weight loss and maintenance. On Weight Watchers (http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx), I lost fifty pounds and kept if off for almost eight years now. I'm a Lifetime Member. No Weight Watchers in Costa Rica.

Gastric bypass surgery also available in Costa Rica http://www.healthcostarica.com/gastric-bypass-story.html.

If I find any more weight loss programs or gastric bypass programs in Costa Rica, I'll post it on this forum.

Feel free to post any weight loss programs on gastric bypass surgery program on this forum.

What will I do to maintain my weight when I move to Costa Rica? I plan on using Weight Watchers online.

:wub:

Edited by Laura K

I eat fruit already but thanks for the advice.

It's far nicer to eat fruit in CR as the selection is far more ample than it is generally in the US. And it's fresher, more ripened (without chemical forcing like in the US), less expensive, and far tastier, too.

I buy and eat fruit when I'm in Florida but it is not the same. Doesn't have the excellent flavor of the fruit allowed to mature and ripen naturally like in the tropics (especially the bananas), so I quickly become bored with most of it in Florida. We can regularly get great citrus in Florida though.

Just a few observations, here....

Cheers!

Paul

==

Just a note to say I recently saw on the 'net advertising mangosteens for sale at Package: 9 -13 Mangosteens for $39.99. We bought some at the ferria yesterday for 200 col each...

Wow, CRF!

Figuring on an average number of 11 in a package that comes to nearly $3.65 per mangosteen or ¢1999 per each!

BTW, how did you like them? How would you describe the taste?

I bought some a few weeks ago and they were nice but I didn't find them to match up to all the hype about them that I had heard.

Ill prolly try them again to be sure I didn't miss something.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

...mangosteen...

BTW, how did you like them? How would you describe the taste?

I bought some a few weeks ago and they were nice but I didn't find them to match up to all the hype about them that I had heard.

Ill prolly try them again to be sure I didn't miss something.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

My guess is that they are all hype, just like Noni. If they actually tasted great (like mangos and bananas) then the early "explorers" would have brought them back to "the west" then.

BTW don't ever let a Tico convince you that peyjabe(sp?...looks like a small 2" coconut) tasted good. They taste like mud, but are cheap.

Edited by MiamiDavid

It's far nicer to eat fruit in CR as the selection is far more ample than it is generally in the US. And it's fresher, more ripened (without chemical forcing like in the US), less expensive, and far tastier, too.

I buy and eat fruit when I'm in Florida but it is not the same. Doesn't have the excellent flavor of the fruit allowed to mature and ripen naturally like in the tropics (especially the bananas), so I quickly become bored with most of it in Florida. We can regularly get great citrus in Florida though.

Just a few observations, here....

Cheers!

Paul

==

You're are absolutely right about fruit in Costa Rica. Must better tasting and for us. Another reason to move to Costa Rica. In Costa Rica, my husband eats much better and drinks water.

I still eat fruit in Henderson, Nevada but you're right...it doesn't taste as good as fruit in Costa Rica but I still eat right even if the fruits and vegetable don't taste exactly right.