B) Obispo es un hombre que piensa que posiblemente Costa Rica es el paraiso que ha buscado. El Tico Grande bebe cerveza? Si el solamente tiene un ano, posiblemente el no puede beber cerveza legalmente. Cuando Obispo esta en San Jose, si el tiene bastante tiempo, le encontraria y beberia algunas cervezas. El esta viajando con su esposa, hermana y cunado. El entiende espanol muy bien, pero no se puede hablar perfectamente bien, por que casi nunca lo habla. Falta la practica.

Ya, es su turno para decir algo sobre Ud.

Hasta pronto,

Obispo

Well then by all means let's converse in English!

First, my answer of ONE was in reply to you asking "cuantos anos tiene". Well old son, when you fail to add the tilde over the "n" in anos, you are asking me how many rectums I have. Anos means anus... so my answer was correct. I have one, though my ex-wife might argue the point. As for my age? I am certainly street legal for beer. As to the rest? Check out my signature below and you will see what I do here in Costa Rica!

Since this Forum is for our Spanish speaking Members... After posting this, I will transfer it to the Open Forums where personal chit chat is less of a distraction.

Since you indicate that you are here in Costa Rica with your family... you can buy the beer :)

Edited by TicoGrande

:huh: Tico Grande:

Mi computadora no tiene un tilde. Ud. entendia que yo quise decir. No estoy en Costa Rica ahora, pero estare alla en una semana. Estare en San Jose para solamente dos dias, el primero y el ultimo de mi viaje, per mi esposa quiere visitar el museo de oro y el museo de jade, por eso quisas no tendria tiempo para invitarle tomar algunas cervezas.

Hasta el proximo,

Obispo

Hola Obispo,

Estoy estudiando español también y no soy muy bueno todavía. Por esta razón, estoy alegre que el TG abrió este foro porque es buen lugar a practicar. ¡Gozo mucho el leer de los postes en español!

Para contestar a su pregunta, encontré esta tabla hace algunas semanas y se parece trabajar bien:

1) Place the cursor where the symbol is to be.

2) Hold down the "Alt" key & type in the number of the symbol desired, only

on the number pad to the right.

3) Release the "Alt" key and the symbol will appear.

Alt + 160 = á

Alt + 130 = é

Alt + 161 = í

Alt + 162 = ó

Alt + 163 = ú

Alt + 129 = ü

Alt + 164 = ñ

Alt + 165 = Ñ

Alt + 168 = ¿

Alt + 173 = ¡

Alt + 155 = ¢ The cent sign can be used for colons.

However, since TG appears to work for a Hosting provider (which I do too, by the way), I'm sure he has his own advice to share. Entonces, él probablemente apenas utiliza un teclado español. :)

Yeh Obispo...

¿Usted no vio que su pequeña cara del smiley se pegaba fuera de ella es lengüeta? (Ahora sé que algo tiene que ser incorrecto in esa oración). Hehehe. Ustedes me hacen risa!

Un 'host provider' es similar a una ISP para los 'web sites'. Realmente, trabajo en una ISP como la 'Product Manager' de la línea de productos 'web hosting'. No sé decir palabras de computadora en español. :) [Es usted familiar con EarthLink? ...El TG es al parecer uno de nuestros competidores] :P (just kidding).

TG: So, I asked this in another forum and never received an answer...I'm assuming that mean no one had the answer? The question was about taking my captive bread, 2 yr. old, scarlet macaw to CR with me. I'm planning to spend a little over two months there, starting next January, to check out potential relocation options (job, house, etc.). I'm very excited at the potential of spending several years, or more, living in CR, but I couldn't leave him behind. Would you happen to know where I might be able to get an answer to this question? ...I've looked everywhere online (or so it seems). Muchisimas gracías!

Hiya Kristina

Web page is página web

Web Site is sitio web

The Internet is la red (really, red is net... but who's picky?)

Web hosting is hospedaje de sitios web

And I didn't know any of them when I got here either.

As far as bringing in the bird... I sure don't know. ARCR does however and gets requests for info all the time about bringing in everything from aardvarks to zebras.

Since you are moving here (gonna change your life :)) I will presume you are a member of ARCR. Write them at arcr@casacanada.net and include your membership number. They are great at giving you all the right info, and this is a subject I'd trust no one else to give a correct answer. Now if you wanted to know about bringing in cats or dogs... I'm your man!

When are you coming?

TG

Hey TG,

Unfortunately, I'm not coming soon enough! I've only just returned. I was there between Dec. 27 to Jan. 12th. I had the opportunity to spend a few days doing the tourist thing, then spent the remaining week or so in Drake Bay...making some friends (Ticos and Ex-pats) with whom I'm confident I'll remain in contact.

I've been at my company for almost 7 years now and (assuming nothing horrible happens over the next 10 months) I'll be up for a 2-month sabbatical next January. I intend to spend those months in CR...hopefully putting the finishing touches on whatever it takes to spend at least the next several years there. Shhh...don't tell my boss. ;)

While I was there, I met quite a number of ex-pats and they (in addition to all of the extraordinarily friendly and hard working Ticos I met) gave me the push to pursue 'changing my life', as you so elegantly put it :). ...I figured, if they could do it and make it work, so could I! ....And you? I noticed TicoSites has an office in Chicago. Did you relo from there? If so, how long did it take you to make the move - from point of decision to point of no return? Did ARCR get you through the worst of it (the learning process, that is)?

Thanks for the info re: ARCR. That's actually where I found this message board and I intend to sign up very soon. Currently I'm working on the 'required reading' list (Golden Door, Choose CR, etc.). I'm also planning to return to SJO for a week or so to do a homestay 'spanish immersion' course that they recommended on their 'página web' (thank you!), although I haven't chosen the dates yet. I'll be sure that, when I do, I also catch one of their end-of-the-month seminars.

You got any other great advice for me? :D Thanks again! -K

• 5 years later...
Hola Obispo,

Estoy estudiando español también y no soy muy bueno todavía. Por esta razón, estoy alegre que el TG abrió este foro porque es buen lugar a practicar. ¡Gozo mucho el leer de los postes en español!

Para contestar a su pregunta, encontré esta tabla hace algunas semanas y se parece trabajar bien:

1) Place the cursor where the symbol is to be.

2) Hold down the "Alt" key & type in the number of the symbol desired, only

on the number pad to the right.

3) Release the "Alt" key and the symbol will appear.

Alt + 160 = á

Alt + 130 = é

Alt + 161 = í

Alt + 162 = ó

Alt + 163 = ú

Alt + 129 = ü

Alt + 164 = ñ

Alt + 165 = Ñ

Alt + 168 = ¿

Alt + 173 = ¡

Alt + 155 = ¢ The cent sign can be used for colons.

However, since TG appears to work for a Hosting provider (which I do too, by the way), I'm sure he has his own advice to share. Entonces, él probablemente apenas utiliza un teclado español. :)

:P Finalmente puedo ponerle acento a mis palabras. Gracias Kristina! No soy muy buena escribiendo español, pero definitivamente el acento puede causar malos entendidos. Tampoco soy muy buena usando computadoras, pero estoy aprendiendo. Gracias! Finalmente se como poner tíldes y esa letra tan importante de nuestro abecedario, la Ñ.