Does anyone know where online I can purchase music of famous singers and musicians who are Costa Rican?

Hola Laura,

If you are in CR and the Central Valley, check in Universal in San José Centro. They have a large selection of music, some of which is local talent.

Online you could try eBay and chance a search for keywords 'costa rica' and 'folkloric' or 'tipica' or 'national' or 'singers', etc., or some combination thereof. There is also a site called 'La Carretica' at

http://www.lacarretica.com/tradiciones/inc...tasinbueyes.asp

which used to have Tico-style music CDs offered on it, as well as other tico items, foodstuffs, etc.

HTH

Paul M.

==

And, once again Laura, you are not thinking these things through. Remember the total population of the country? Now, what kind of market do you suppose that population base can provide? You can indeed find some typical Tico sounds, but you are far more likely to find that the music they listen to comes mostly from Panama, Columbia, Mexico, and other Latin American countries.....

And, once again Laura, you are not thinking these things through. Remember the total population of the country? Now, what kind of market do you suppose that population base can provide? You can indeed find some typical Tico sounds, but you are far more likely to find that the music they listen to comes mostly from Panama, Columbia, Mexico, and other Latin American countries.....

There is a rather famous Costa Rican group called "Editus" but I'm not sure that their "sound" is unusually unique to Costa Rica.

Hey Laura,

Whoosh... It completely escaped my mind...!

Try a YouTube search using 'music' and tico' for keywords.

I found some lovely things that way doing a search a couple days ago.

One of them was a song entitled "Soy Tico" and one of the versions of it was subtitled with the Spanish lyric.

HTH

Paul M.

==

Does anyone know where online I can purchase music of famous singers and musicians who are Costa Rican?

Feel free to tell me the names of famous singers and musicians that are Costa Rican. I'd like to know.

:unsure:

Laura,

Some folk music from Costa Rica is very good. Try bands like Danza del Sol and Danza de la Luna.

Some mix folk/rock would be José Capmany, Inconsciente Colectivo and Editus as Jean had mentioned.

Some rock would be Malpais, Gandhi and Evolución.

Editus, Malpais and Gandhi can be found on iTunes.

I use You Tube all of the time so I will use You Tube to look up musicians from Costa Rica.

Hi Laura,

Just to save you from having to do a search, here is the song "Soy Tico", a subtitled version of it, showing the Spanish lyric:

I find it to be a simple but lovely song that explains much about the Tico mindset.

BTW, once you get to the page where this link takes you you'll also find several other videos of this song, but with different images illuminating them. They make for some nice slide-shows of the country.

And if your Spanish is far enough along I suspect you too, will be moved by this song, as was I.

Hope you enjoy it too.

¡Pura Vida!

Paul M.

==

Hi Laura,

Just to save you from having to do a search, here is the song "Soy Tico", a subtitled version of it, showing the Spanish lyric:

I find it to be a simple but lovely song that explains much about the Tico mindset.

==

Paul,

Thanks for the link. I added the song to my World Music playlist on You Tube.

The video reminds people that Ticos come in all colors.

Laura K