Cost to build house

Hi,

I am trying to get an idea of how much it would cost or price range to build a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house in Costa Rica to North American standards. Something in the range of about 2000 to 2500 square feet. I would be building somewhere close to San Jose like in Heredia, San Ramon or possibly Liberia.

Also are costs still rising there or are things cooling off like in the US?

Thanks.

Everything is rising.. In January of this year my friend on her own property built a 1000 square foot home.. it cost total with everything... $40,000 but remember she owned the land... this was in San Ramon... I also have a friend who just built and it is for sale a 5300 square foot 5 bedroom here in Sarchi for $415,000. Its all in what you want... I bought a used home 10 years old in Sarchi and remodeled the 3 bathrooms and kitchen and have an acre of land... reasonably...

Concrete rebar etc seems to go up every day....

I don't know what costs are cooling in the US, labor? I am paying much, much more for steel, concrete, block, brick, asphalt, plumbing both steel and pvc as well as supplies, everything electrical, drywall, copper, carpet, roofing, and diesel. My cost to build is up 21% over 05' and that is with the savings in labor.

Edited by sabo941

Hi,

I am trying to get an idea of how much it would cost or price range to build a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house in Costa Rica to North American standards. Something in the range of about 2000 to 2500 square feet. I would be building somewhere close to San Jose like in Heredia, San Ramon or possibly Liberia.

Also are costs still rising there or are things cooling off like in the US?

Thanks.

We started to build 2 years ago and at that time had a fixed price for our design. It cost us $200,000 to build the house but we had already purchased the land. Our house is a one bed open concept loft with two large bathrooms and an office and utility room. Alos a pool and a separate guest house.

I am grateful that we started the process two years ago becasue it took two years to build and the price of everything has skyrocked since then. We are at a beach, we cannot see it but we can hear it and it is a two minute walk.

Everything has gone up and it depends entirely where you are willing to build, close to major town $, up the mountain near a beach$, at the beach $.

Your best bet and your safest way to find out is go to CR, find out where you want to live, find a builder (take your time ask alot of questions) Fins houses they have built and ask the people if they are happy with the construction.

GOOD LUCK