Sign in to follow this  

Don't worry, you are not alone. I am not Canadian, but (almost afraid to say it anymore) American. And, I do not now, nor have I ever agreed with anything that comes out of Dubya. I mean, what is wrong with us? We allow him and his rich cronies to continue to gouge us at the gas pumps, the oil companies report ever greater profits, so all is well with the world? I don't think so. Where is Teddy Roosevelt when we need him?

The whole idea of growing fuel is dumb, and already everyone has forgotten that when it started, it started because of government subsidies to the producers of ethanol.....and, now that it looks like it is taking off, farmers don't want to grow anything else, plus what they used to sell for food (not just for humans, but for livestock as well) is now going to more 'biofuel,' and how is that helping the energy crisis? aaaaarrrrrhghhhhh.......don't get me started......

Don't worry, you are not alone. I am not Canadian, but (almost afraid to say it anymore) American. And, I do not now, nor have I ever agreed with anything that comes out of Dubya. I mean, what is wrong with us? We allow him and his rich cronies to continue to gouge us at the gas pumps, the oil companies report ever greater profits, so all is well with the world? I don't think so. Where is Teddy Roosevelt when we need him?

The whole idea of growing fuel is dumb, and already everyone has forgotten that when it started, it started because of government subsidies to the producers of ethanol.....and, now that it looks like it is taking off, farmers don't want to grow anything else, plus what they used to sell for food (not just for humans, but for livestock as well) is now going to more 'biofuel,' and how is that helping the energy crisis? aaaaarrrrrhghhhhh.......don't get me started......

Amen! We're creating world-wide starvation so we can drive our over-sized fuel guzzling vehicles a bit cheaper. Whatever happened to ethics and morals? Oh, yeah, we're Americans so we're the only country that matters.

I was shocked the last time I was in the states, T-bones were going for $16 a pound. I get them here for $4.50 a pound and the grill is just getting hot. I think the good old USA has lost her way a little bit. There is a reason we all live here.