Recently when in CR I looked at property in Cahuita. I found some but it was close to the beach and I was told it was concession and was in the maritime Zone. I emailed the realtor, this was her response:

"About your Maritime zone question, I could tell you that the owner has done all the procedures to obtain titles and the documents are in the hands of a lawyer that is an expert in maritime zoning. If you are seriously, I would suggest that you make an official offer with the condition that the lawyer ensure you that she could traspass the demand for title to you."

I have read as much as I could find on the different categories of land ownership. I was not aware that a concession could become titled. Could someone explain this to me/

Also, is it customary to make an offer without this knowledge?

I appreciate all the help. I am in love with Costa Rica, as all of you are, and want to do due diligence so all is legal.

Thanks, John

you do not get a title for 'concession' properties - period

move on and get a representative that knows of which they speak

here is legal overview = legal stuff

Bob,

Thank you so much. Not only did you answer my question but the link had a lot of valuable information.

John

John -

in your initial post you elude to "this was her response" which presumes you were working with a woman - duh

if it is the one I know of in that area, be very cautious because she has told me of having lost over $100,000 of her own money because she does NOT understand due dilligence or how to go about it

read my signature site caveat emptor

John -

in your initial post you elude to "this was her response" which presumes you were working with a woman - duh

if it is the one I know of in that area, be very cautious because she has told me of having lost over $100,000 of her own money because she does NOT understand due dilligence or how to go about it

read my signature site caveat emptor

Bob- again man, I can't tell you how much your information is helping me. So knowledgeable and willing to share. I have gone to you website and read it thoroughly. I think I will be contacting you there from now on. I need real concrete answers before I plunge into my Costa Rican life.

Thanks so much,

John

glad we could be of some help John - and before ir was too late !!!

this gal 'R' apparantly gave that attorney $100k + and didn't even get a receipt - then a year or so later she still had no property or money - not the sort of due dilligence I want any part of .....

we do not pay the attorney until we see the transaction at registro - not the promise of mañana, but the actual online verification - then there is very little chance the attorney will convert the property to his or his girl friend's name - si ?