Emerald FOREST Real Estate: sorry

tripoli

The site has many farms and properties near the water under 100,000. Anyone seen signs of this company or is it false advertising? thanks!

Nice site with "typical gringo" prices. As long as you have your own independent Costa Rican lawyer and you negotiate a bit on the prices you should probably do fine.

Thanks a lot for the link, I am from mid Northern Canada. Right about now (3 feet of snow outside and stillsnowing) everything down there sounds great! That site seems a bit more realistic that the properties under 100,000 are a lot less fancy than the ones on the EFP site. I will post questions about buying a business in the proper section.

There are a lot of scams in Costa Rica but, falsely advertrsing real estate for sale?

What I meant was a scam as in a company advertising nice looking properties for lower prices than they are worth and then saying sorry they are sold ... let me show you some similar properties (priced at triple the cost) happens even up here in cottage country!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm from NW Ontario. We just bought from EFP, I had been researching for months Costa Rica houses, land, ranches, property, etc (used every search term I could think of). At first we were thinking of just buying land, then building but later realized we'd be better off with a finished house. ELP happened to list the perfect place for us - we got more land than we would have settled with, and we paid WAY less than our 'top figure', and the house is nicer than anything I ever thought we could afford. I'm not saying ELP is the only good one out there, but my hours of research paid off and they happened to be the realtors.

<snip> I am from mid Northern Canada. Right about now (3 feet of snow outside and stillsnowing) everything down there sounds great! That site seems a bit more realistic that the properties under 100,000 are a lot less fancy than the ones on the EFP site. I will post questions about buying a business in the proper section.

HI,

Emerald Forest Properties is a very legit company. I have talked to Brad Butler I think his name is for over two years about properties and parrots! He has a large rescue center on the land with the realty office I believe. They have many realtors on staff and they seem to be spread out all over Costa Rica with each one specializing in their region. If I remember correctly they had a international staff and it included some Tico's. Google them and you will see this really comprehesive site. The prices they advertise have looked OK to me over the last two years.. I have received a mailing from them of a small house for sale book that they printed. Very nice too. Thanks, Cathy