Sign in to follow this  
tessek07

land development

Hi, we own some land on the coast. And have recently got some quotes on clearing lots for this land. Below are the details of what they say will be done. I was wondering from who has experience in this. What type of price I should expect to pay for this work? Any rough range is fine. The price quoted seems quite high and just wanted some opinions on others who have gone through similar situations or know of people who have. Thank you for your help.

Things to be done: For 6 lots (app. 12-15 acres)

Soil Movement: In order to terrace coerrectly the sites we will need 23 days of tractor and 8 days of Back Hoe (excavator)

Lot Cleaning: getting all the dead trees, garbage out of teh lots and disposing them out of the farm without burning them; for this we will need 24 back hoe and dump truck days

Gravel: a small gravel area in the terraces, 3 dump truck days

Labor: Workers to clean, etc... We will need them for 2 1/2 months

If you can lock that in it and get a good per day price on equipment, sounds great.

Hi Sabo,

thank you for responding! These are the rates were getting. From your experience, is this the time required for cleaning 5-6 lots or does it seem to much. Also how do the rates look from your experience? Are this many days of equipment necessary?

Again thanks for your advice.

$543 tractor/ day 23 days

$300 back hoe /day 8 days

$500 Lot cleaning back hoe/Dump truck/day 24 days

$300 dumb(gravel) truck fee/ day 3 days

Labor 2.5 months: 6000 dollars

Hi, we own some land on the coast. And have recently got some quotes on clearing lots for this land. Below are the details of what they say will be done. I was wondering from who has experience in this. What type of price I should expect to pay for this work? Any rough range is fine. The price quoted seems quite high and just wanted some opinions on others who have gone through similar situations or know of people who have. Thank you for your help.

Things to be done: For 6 lots (app. 12-15 acres)

Soil Movement: In order to terrace coerrectly the sites we will need 23 days of tractor and 8 days of Back Hoe (excavator)

Lot Cleaning: getting all the dead trees, garbage out of teh lots and disposing them out of the farm without burning them; for this we will need 24 back hoe and dump truck days

Gravel: a small gravel area in the terraces, 3 dump truck days

Labor: Workers to clean, etc... We will need them for 2 1/2 months

I don't know how much cleaning there is to do, but 24back hoe days sounds like a lot. If there are a lot of trees etc to remove, then maybe so. Use your judgment on this.

Is that a per day price on the tractor/backhoe? and $6000 for labor, how many 5 or 6 full time? Just me, I got rid of our tractors in the states about 10 years ago and got Cat D4s it cuts our finish-work time in half. I agree with Sam that sounds like a lot of hoe time. I've never used a backhoe we have Cat 324s and 330s. I think with a D4 you could cut your hoe time way down. FYI get some one that can run your equipment, it will save you big.

Edited by sabo941