Considering that the country has a total population around 4-4 1/2 million, and considering that the standard of living is so much better than all of its neighbors, and considering that CR is a veritable paradise, one should be able to conclude that one will not find very many Costa Ricans living outside the boundaries of their beautiful little country. :rolleyes:

I

Which cities and towns in the United States have a large number of Costa Ricans?

Which countries in the world (outside Costa Rica) have a large number of Costa Ricans?

From living here in my experience my Costa Rican friends say most Costa Ricans live in New Jersey. I have a friend who is Costa Rican and lived there for 19 years... He came back here because he missed all that Costa Rica had to offer.. including the weather....My neighbor across the street flies to Jersey picks up trucks and flat beds them back here he agrees..

Edited by adriennesgrandma

Which cities and towns in the United States have a large number of Costa Ricans?

Which countries in the world (outside Costa Rica) have a large number of Costa Ricans?

From living here in my experience my Costa Rican friends say most Costa Ricans live in New Jersey. I have a friend who is Costa Rican and lived there for 19 years... He came back here because he missed all that Costa Rica had to offer.. including the weather....My neighbor across the street flies to Jersey picks up trucks and flat beds them back here he agrees..

Dear Adriennesgrandma,

Thanks for information on where Costa Ricans live in the USA.

I wonder what makes most Costa Ricans in the USA live in New Jersey.

Sincerely,

Laura K

Actually I know a lot of Costa Ricans. Many live in So. Cal. but others are in Maryland, Texas, and Michigan. I'd say they don't look for a destination but an opportunity. In most cases they've gone where they have (or found) friends. That's why we're moving to Costa Rica.

Dear CountDown,

Thanks for the information about other places Costa Ricans live in the USA.

I assume there are not very many Costa Ricans anywhere in Nevada.

Definitely understand the opportunity reason.

Sincerely,

Laura K

:rolleyes:

Laura, is there a particular reason you needed to find Costa Ricans (outside of Costa Rica)? My experience (40+ yr), and that of many others on the board, has been that Costa Ricans are good, friendly, helpful people. Family oriented and neither mean nor disingenuous. They are Ticos though, for which many phrases and stories exist. (e.g. "hora tica" ["Tico time", plan on their being late]) So the endearing traits can also be frustrating to a Type A personality.

Ergo my question whether you sought insights or actual Ticos... Many on the board can provide the insights.

CD

Laura, is there a particular reason you needed to find Costa Ricans (outside of Costa Rica)? My experience (40+ yr), and that of many others on the board, has been that Costa Ricans are good, friendly, helpful people. Family oriented and neither mean nor disingenuous. They are Ticos though, for which many phrases and stories exist. (e.g. "hora tica" ["Tico time", plan on their being late]) So the endearing traits can also be frustrating to a Type A personality.

Ergo my question whether you sought insights or actual Ticos... Many on the board can provide the insights.

CD

Dear Countdown,

I ask about Costa Ricans outside Costa Rica because I am wondering why I never met any Costa Ricans before visiting Costa Rica last summer. I've met people from Mexico, for example, where I live (Henderson, Nevada).

Everything you say about Costa Ricans are true...as we found out last summer.

Luckily, we don't have Type A personalities.

I knew about Tico time because I attended a Costa Rica seminar in San Francisco, California last year...also read the books of the author who held the seminar (www.livingabroadincostarica.com).

Sincerely,

Laura K