• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
TicoGrande

They'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre Baaaaaack

TicoGrande    0

After more time than I wanted to take, the ads are back! I am doing daily testing so they will come and go.

It is not inexpensive to maintain a forum of this size and Ryan does screen advertisers to make sure they are the decent sort. That said, do support these advertisers if their product or service meets your needs!

I have changed and upgraded the ad serving program, placed it on a newer, faster server, optimized the databases, and made other tech weenie changes.

Ryan has had all ad suppliers optimizer their ads to a smaller size.

This seems to have done the trick as I am getting the same page resolution speeds with our without ads! Nice and fast, but I always welcome and need feedback from Members! Sooo... as always, let me know your thoughts right here in this thread.

TG

After more time than I wanted to take, the ads are back! I am doing daily testing so they will come and go.

It is not inexpensive to maintain a forum of this size and Ryan does screen advertisers to make sure they are the decent sort. That said, do support these advertisers if their product or service meets your needs!

I have changed and upgraded the ad serving program, placed it on a newer, faster server, optimized the databases, and made other tech weenie changes.

Ryan has had all ad suppliers optimizer their ads to a smaller size.

This seems to have done the trick as I am getting the same page resolution speeds with our without ads! Nice and fast, but I always welcome and need feedback from Members! Sooo... as always, let me know your thoughts right here in this thread.

TG

Nice work, TG. I have reviewed all the recent posts and each time the ads pop up, but they did not slow down the process. Best regards, Richard

jdocop    0

Yeah, if you hadn't mentioned it, most of us would prolly not have noticed. (Sorry, I saw the opportunity to throw in a 'prolly,' and just couldn't resist)!

Epicatt2    0

Realizing that you are testing the site, this is not a complaint, just a comment...

This morning when I sent a message to another member the formatting buttons were missing above the text window, replaced by a couple of ads.

Now, composing this message, several minutes later, that did not occur.

And yes, things are loading rapidissimamente with the ads in place. (But your animated penguin icon is still doing the molasses thing.) I've monitored all my computer's usage levels and they remain normal, and everything is running full tilt, while your icon is not. I wonder if any other readers here have noticed this slowdown with your pengüino?

Paul M.

==

TicoGrande    0

Hello Miami David... glad to have you back and thanks for the comment.

Paully, not sure what you saw in the message composition, but I can't duplicate it here. I HAVE been messing with the PHP code so it is possible that I did something dumb. Anyway, I un-dumbed it I guess!

As for your penguin Paul, that cannot be the forum. It is your MAC. 100% probable.

Now if you could not download/see the penguin at all, THAT would indicate either a connect issue or an issue here.

Anyway.... Something is using up resources on your MAC. Though quite rare with MACs, there are virus' and malware that can get inside and run as a process. I would not ignore it in any case. MACs seldom have issues, but it appears yours does.

TG

Edited by TicoGrande