TicoVille

What do you need in order to sell a property in Costa Rica?

OK so I'm pretty new to real estate and right now need to get a list of everything that I need to present a property to an interested client.

Here is what I have so far:

Plano Catastro number

copy of escatura

Certificat la propertieda

sello de inscripcion

Comprabando de ingresos

Contract of transfer shares

Registro nacional

registro publico de propertiedad.

What else?

I also understand that every property has it's own S.A. because of tax reasons and for making it easier to transfer ownership.

6% of the property's value is normally what the transfer costs, correct?

I figure this is a forum full of people who know this and I much rather get advice from you guys which seems to be better than reading the book about doing real estate without losing your camisa.

Thanks in advance to everyone here who will add to the list and correct me when I'm wrong.

Mike

Mike... I am presuming that you have your Permanent Residency and can legally work here as a realtor?

If so, I would suggest working at a Costa Rica Realtor so you get some semblance of proper training. I do not think these forums are a good place to ask for training, and I am pretty sure the realtors who lurk here will not want to be training newbies as there are far too many realtors here anyway.

Just a note.

If you think having your own company gets you over the residency thing, remember you can not sell real estate (work) in your own company without Permanent Residency, You must hire Ticos to do the selling (currently I think immigration wants 5 Costa Rican employees) for you to be eligible to claim business ownership. You must also show a significant cash investment in that company.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, one of the first things anyone buying a home here should check is if their realtor is actually in Costa Rica legally.

TG

OK so I'm pretty new to real estate and right now need to get a list of everything that I need to present a property to an interested client.

Here is what I have so far:

Plano Catastro number

copy of escatura

Certificat la propertieda

sello de inscripcion

Comprabando de ingresos

Contract of transfer shares

Registro nacional

registro publico de propertiedad.

What else?

I also understand that every property has it's own S.A. because of tax reasons and for making it easier to transfer ownership.

6% of the property's value is normally what the transfer costs, correct?

I figure this is a forum full of people who know this and I much rather get advice from you guys which seems to be better than reading the book about doing real estate without losing your camisa.

Thanks in advance to everyone here who will add to the list and correct me when I'm wrong.

Mike

Did you consider getting a lawyer?

I'm not suggesting you get a lawyer if you have decided not to, I'm just asking if you considered it. If you haven't you might want to, because lawyers know all the ins and outs of the law.

Thanks, TG. Wasn't aware of some of this. I am partnering with a few people including a real estate lawyer in Santa Teresa. I will have a few more questions coming down the line. Thanks everyone for your information and help. :)

Mike