ticotomasino

Land acquisition & home building report

A complimentary report is available that will help you understand all the details involved with acquiring land and building a residence in CR.

In addition to answering questions regarding general information that most investors want to know, the Land Acquisition and Home Building Report provides the planning and detailed analysis needed in order to determine all costs involved when purchasing real estate in Costa Rica.

The following subjects are discussed in detail:

CONSTRUCTION PERMITTING PROCESS

LAND TITLE AND REGISTRATION

PROPERTY INVESTIGATION

SURVEY

APPRAISAL

FINANCING

TAX STAMPS

CLOSING COSTS

TRANSFER TAXES

REAL ESTATE COMMISSION

ATTORNEY AND NOTARY FEES

ESTABLISHING A CORPORATION

PROPERTY TAXES - LAND AND MUNICIPAL

OFFSHORE CORPORATIONS - BANKING PRIVACY

If you would like a copy of the report select "documents" on the menu at www.costaricahomebuilder.com

Nice wed site Tom!

I would like your objective opinion. What should a value oriented individual look to pay for (per square meter) to build a 180 sq meter home in the central valley? I understand there are a lot of variables. For sake of example, single story, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, basic floors, fixtures and cabinets. Something close to US standards for a typical spec house.

Edited by Kahuna

Funny... I just asked him the same question.

He told me a Tico style home, ranch style, wrap around veranda, etc but with much bigger rooms and built to US standards with quality materials, appliance, etc starts at about $40.00 sf complete. Of course... when you add the pool, tennis course etc, it might be more :)

$40.00 ain't bad and is a helluva lot cheaper than that other guy who wanted a flat $65.00 per sf ft.

I am sure he'll add his own reply to your question when he sees it.

TG

Hi Kahuna. RE: your request for current building costs. I've been remodeling existing housing and constructing new homes and condos in CR since 1992. The basic building materials cost has increased about $4.00 per sq. ft. and the labor cost only $1.00 over the last five years. Presently I am building homes with installations up to US Standards for $42.00 per sq. ft. in the central valley. I am in regular contact with many construction professionals who work in Guanacaste and out there the costs are higher.