Home for Rent - Handiman Special

shapowell

We are about to close on a 3,400 sf 4 bedroom/3 bath home in the Guapiles area. It has an expansive floorplan with lots of open areas and very high ceilings. Guapiles is a city about 45 minutes northeast of San Jose. It is near the Braulio Carrillo National Park. The house sits on a beautifully manicured lot with many fruit trees and flowering plants. There is a small river flowing along the sideyard.

The house needs some work on the gutters, a few boards replaced...mostly lots of cleaning. The gorgeous hand-picked ceiling wood needs to be oiled and dusted. The tile floors need scrubbing and cleaning.

We need either someone to rent cheaply and allow workers in to do the needed repairs or a handiman or woman and/or family to live and work there for a small fee.

David and LaSha in Alabama

Edited by shapowell

We are about to close on a 3,400 sf 4 bedroom/3 bath home in the Guapiles area. It has an expansive floorplan with lots of open areas and very high ceilings. Guapiles is a city about 45 minutes northeast of San Jose. It is near the Braulio Carrillo National Park. The house sits on a beautifully manicured lot with many fruit trees and flowering plants. There is a small river flowing along the sideyard.

The house needs some work on the gutters, a few boards replaced...mostly lots of cleaning. The gorgeous hand-picked ceiling wood needs to be oiled and dusted. The tile floors need scrubbing and cleaning.

We need either someone to rent cheaply and allow workers in to do the needed repairs or a handiman or woman and/or family to live and work there for a small fee.

David and LaSha in Alabama

No, neither one of us speak Spanish very well. We are learning.

That would be excellent if your wife knows someone who would be interested in our home.

My wife is from Guapiles and may well know someone... maybe even in her family. I'll ask.

I am presuming you or your husband speak fairly excellent Spanish?

TG

We have some "family" down there that could work out the details of the lease for us if that was the reason for your asking about our fluency in Spanish. We could put your wife's family in touch with them if you would like to learn more details about the house and the terms.

LaSha

Perhaps I am not clear here.

You have "family" here? Not sure why you used the quotes... but why don't you have them live there? What does "family" mean exactly?

Second, you're talking about a lease. What lease??

You wanted a family to live there and do repairs. Nobody is going to pay you rent to do your repairs. Guapiles is a VERY poor community (with few exceptions). If you want house sitters to watch your house and supervise the work of others, same thing. You pay them or at the MINIMUM you give them 100% free rent.

Guapiles is PURE Costa Rica. That means VERY few people speak ANY English. Maybe a hotel employee or a realtor, but in 5 years, I have never met ONE person who spoke English. If you want someone to live in your home, communication is going to be a problem. If your "family" is going to act as intermediaries, I see even more problems unless they are VERY comfortable speaking Spanish AND interpreting YOUR wishes.

IN any case, before your last post, I had an inquiry from someone in Guapiles who is interested. Sadly, it appears I did not tell them what you truly wanted... or maybe I don't know as this is getting very UNclear.

If you wish, contact me by phone (NOT here or via email as I need to be very clear with what I tell these people. They are all friends (or friends of friends) and I want to be 100% accurate this time.

TG

Perhaps I am not clear here.

You have "family" here? Not sure why you used the quotes... but why don't you have them live there? What does "family" mean exactly?

Second, you're talking about a lease. What lease??

You wanted a family to live there and do repairs. Nobody is going to pay you rent to do your repairs. Guapiles is a VERY poor community (with few exceptions). If you want house sitters to watch your house and supervise the work of others, same thing. You pay them or at the MINIMUM you give them 100% free rent.

Guapiles is PURE Costa Rica. That means VERY few people speak ANY English. Maybe a hotel employee or a realtor, but in 5 years, I have never met ONE person who spoke English. If you want someone to live in your home, communication is going to be a problem. If your "family" is going to act as intermediaries, I see even more problems unless they are VERY comfortable speaking Spanish AND interpreting YOUR wishes.

IN any case, before your last post, I had an inquiry from someone in Guapiles who is interested. Sadly, it appears I did not tell them what you truly wanted... or maybe I don't know as this is getting very UNclear.

If you wish, contact me by phone (NOT here or via email as I need to be very clear with what I tell these people. They are all friends (or friends of friends) and I want to be 100% accurate this time.

TG

Thanks so much for taking an interest in our home. Prior to receiving your response my husband, David Powell, sent an email to you at tim@blackcoralgroup.com entitled Casa En Guapiles giving you all the details of our family in San Jose and about 20 pictures of the house and property.

We plan to call you tonight around 7:30 or 8:00 your time. We look forward to speaking with you and again, thanks for your time and efforts.

LaSha