Help!-Property Transfer Deed at Registro Publico

Our attorney filed our transfer deed back in August 2006 for a 5000meter lote in the Province of Puntarenas, near Esparza. There was a problem with a description that was missing regarding the servidumbre. Since that time, I can only assume that was corrected, our attorney is not real big on communication. Here we are in Dec., we have paid for the property, met with our attorney, she filled in a bunch of information in her log book back in August, yet to date we have nothing to show that this property is in our name! If anyone out there has any background or personal knowledge of the length of time this whole process typically(!!!) takes in Costa Rica please email me. If you think we should switch to another atty. please advise and perhaps name and number of a reliable, efficient, communicative and maybe with some English thrown in atty. The one we have been using is in Atenas and we have since moved from there, and I am about fed up with the lack of results.

Thanks.

Our attorney filed our transfer deed back in August 2006 for a 5000meter lote in the Province of Puntarenas, near Esparza. There was a problem with a description that was missing regarding the servidumbre. Since that time, I can only assume that was corrected, our attorney is not real big on communication. Here we are in Dec., we have paid for the property, met with our attorney, she filled in a bunch of information in her log book back in August, yet to date we have nothing to show that this property is in our name! If anyone out there has any background or personal knowledge of the length of time this whole process typically(!!!) takes in Costa Rica please email me. If you think we should switch to another atty. please advise and perhaps name and number of a reliable, efficient, communicative and maybe with some English thrown in atty. The one we have been using is in Atenas and we have since moved from there, and I am about fed up with the lack of results.

Thanks.

Hi Gringatica, I bought a lot this summer, in August, and it took till the end of October before I had the plano. My girlfriend bought one, too, and it closed only yesterday. I would have someone check the Registrio Nacional under your corporation number to see if the plano is held in your name / corporation. Four months is about long enough for everything to be done I think.