My name is Laura Kimmick. I have a husband, Randy, and two children (daughter, 15 and son, 4).

We live in Henderson, Nevada.

Recently, Randy revealed to me that he's been wanting to explore Costa Rica for a while now. This is why I'm now researching Costa Rica. I knew he was serious when he actually renewed his passport after more than 30 years.

We plan to visit Costa Rica this summer to see if we would like to live in Costa Rica. If we decide to live in Costa Rica, it will be anytime from August 2009 to August 2013.

If living in Costa Rica becomes a reality, we will bring our son who is now 4. Our 15 year old daughter doesn't want to live in Costa Rica. She can always visit us.

For years we considered Hawaii but we find that Hawaii has too many rules and is not as friendly as it was in the past. Also, very expensive.

We're considering American International School in Heredia for our son because there is a special education program at the school. He has mild to moderate Autism. Also, we want a school that offers the American high school diploma. He'll graduate from high school in 2020.

Another good thing about Costa Rica is most likely neither one of us will have to work.

If we end up living in Costa Rica, we will become permanent residents. This way we'll be living in Costa Rica legally.

Everyone that I know who visited Costa Rica (including my 22 year old son from a previous marriage) loves Costa Rica.

My 22 year old son even suggested that we live in Costa Rica instead of Hawaii. He has visited both places.

I plan to attend a Moving To Costa Rica Seminar in January 2007. It will be in San Francisco, CA. The speaker is Erin Van Rheenen the author of Living Abroad In Costa Rica. A second edition of the book is being written now. Yes, I've read the book.

Thank goodness for this forum, organization, and The Guadian Angels.

:)

Edited by TicoGrande

• 4 weeks later...
hi Laura & Randy - in a previous lifetime I lived on both sides of you - Fernley Nevada and Kingman Arizona - now, we live in La Tigra Costa Rica - hope all works out as you plan and welcome as a new neighbor in Costa Rica soon ....

Dear Bob,

The family and I will visit Costa Rica this summer for 2 weeks (June 2007).

Would love to know more about where you live (La Tigra).

I told my husband, Randy, that whether or not we live in Costa Rica is up to him.

Would be nice to meet you and you could convince Randy to move us to Costa Rica. Just a thought. LOL.

Sincerely,

Laura Kimmick

Dear Bob,

I told my husband, Randy, that whether or not we live in Costa Rica is up to him.

Would be nice to meet you and you could convince Randy to move us to Costa Rica. Just a thought. LOL.

Sincerely,

Laura Kimmick

Hello my name is Laura, also. We live in Houston Texas. We just came back from CR, we have friends from there and friends from here that are moving there. We are heading back next month to venture out and try to find some property . We are planning to be moved there totally within five years. We would like to build a church and or a mission and or christian couples retreat. OUr friends are from San Isisdro General, and oour other friends built in Puntarenos. We luv it in Cosat Rica and i would love ALL the info we can get. This is a great site. Look fwd to hearing from you all. Great site Tico Grande

Hello my name is Laura, also. We live in Houston Texas. We just came back from CR, we have friends from there and friends from here that are moving there. We are heading back next month to venture out and try to find some property . We are planning to be moved there totally within five years. We would like to build a church and or a mission and or christian couples retreat. OUr friends are from San Isisdro General, and oour other friends built in Puntarenos. We luv it in Cosat Rica and i would love ALL the info we can get. This is a great site. Look fwd to hearing from you all. Great site Tico Grande

Dear Laura,

Great meeting you online.

Good luck with the church and/or reatreat.

So far, most of the people on this forum seem to love Costa Rica (despite some of its "shortcomings".

This is a good sign.

Sincerely,

Laura Kimmick

good afternoon Laura & Randy -

there is quite a bit of information about the La Tigra area on our website if you check the various links and look at the maps for orientation - you can also check out our lodging site > http://www.QUinnTA.com and do come visit when you come to Costa Rica - who knows, maybe Randy will like the pura vida as much as we do ? ;)

Dear Bob,

Sincerely,

Laura Kimmick

Edited by BobC

good afternoon Laura & Randy -

there is quite a bit of information about the La Tigra area on our website if you check the various links and look at the maps for orientation - you can also check out our lodging site > http://www.QUinnTA.com and do come visit when you come to Costa Rica - who knows, maybe Randy will like the pura vida as much as we do ? ;)

Dear Bob,

I will show Randy the website.

Yes, may Randy like Costa Rica as much as you do.

The hotel/motel rates are reasonable.

Appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Laura Kimmick