nimbus

CR banks for real estate loans?

I'm thinking about buying a small house in Costa Rica soon and trying to determine how much I would be able to afford there. Does anyone here have experience using Costa Rican lenders for buying property there? Are the terms/rates about the same as here, or would it be better to get a loan from a US bank?

I'm thinking about buying a small house in Costa Rica soon and trying to determine how much I would be able to afford there. Does anyone here have experience using Costa Rican lenders for buying property there? Are the terms/rates about the same as here, or would it be better to get a loan from a US bank?

The interest rate for house lending at Costa Rica is over 18% with Colonese. Around 5-13% for USDollar, depend which bank u r using. :blink:

Check out this article for complete details:

Costa Rica Mortgages: Getting a home loan. What financing is available for homes or other property in Costa Rica. How foreigners can qualify for loans and where to get them.

You will get better rates from US banks but they won't loan directly on Costa Rican property, it has to be a second mortgage or personal loan.