• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
Sign in to follow this  
medic4178

New Tax Laws

medic4178    0

This may be premature to ask because not much is known yet, but here goes. I will be retiring to Costa Rica in the next year or two. I will be receiving a pension from my present job, which will be taxed by the United States before it is directly deposited into my bank account. Will this new tax law now tax my money again down in Costa Rica? I admit that I don't know enough yet about this new tax law but maybe you do. Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Ed

rpiercy    0

Hi Ed,

You are right that it is still too early, but at a glance it appears there is an article added to try and prevent double taxation, as long as it is not from a tax haven....

Dianne    0

seems

the legislation has already been sent to Sala Cuarta, sort of like the supreme court,

and found to be unconstitutional.

This means the law they took many years to pass is not legal.

Even if a similar law were passed and found to be within the constitution,

no one knows how it could be enforced.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this