Asking Price vs Selling Price

Harding

When making an offer on an existing home, where does one start? I recall reading, quite sometime ago, one could figure the sales price would be about 50 to 65% of the asking price on the internet. Is that correct? In the USA (Midwest), homes sell for approximately 97% of the asking price and the first offer made is usually between 90 and 95% of asking.

We are looking for a modest, two to three bedroom, single family home, one or two bathrooms, hot water and a small yard. Asking prices for similiar homes in the Central Valley, range from about $75K to $135K (US dollars). These prices, of course, seem very reasonable compared to homes in Illinois. What is your opinion, as to what percentage the selling price is of the asking price?

Thanks,

Michele

When making an offer on an existing home, where does one start? I recall reading, quite sometime ago, one could figure the sales price would be about 50 to 65% of the asking price on the internet. Is that correct? In the USA (Midwest), homes sell for approximately 97% of the asking price and the first offer made is usually between 90 and 95% of asking.

We are looking for a modest, two to three bedroom, single family home, one or two bathrooms, hot water and a small yard. Asking prices for similiar homes in the Central Valley, range from about $75K to $135K (US dollars). These prices, of course, seem very reasonable compared to homes in Illinois. What is your opinion, as to what percentage the selling price is of the asking price?

Thanks,

Michele

As someone who is familiar with real estate, I would say that first you must look at the property, and at that time offer what YOU think it is worth. Don't be like so many people that are afraid of "OFFENDING" someone with a low offer. There´ll always be enough deals around, if you look!!

• 1 month later...

one floor house range from USD$ 175/m2 to $250/m2. Depend the material they used. 2 floors from $350 to $1000/m2.

USD$ 75k house are normal for new house. Over $100k are too much. U see the house over web. Most house chat about the area. U buy it. When u left u got rob. All depend location location.

• 4 months later...
one floor house range from USD$ 175/m2 to $250/m2. Depend the material they used. 2 floors from $350 to $1000/m2.

USD$ 75k house are normal for new house. Over $100k are too much. U see the house over web. Most house chat about the area. U buy it. When u left u got rob. All depend location location.

HI, TIFFANI, I PLAN TO BUY A VACATION HOME IN EAST SJO AREA. WHAT YOU SAID MAKES ME WORRY, (U BUY IT. WHEN U LEFT U GOT ROB.) WHY? PLEASE TELL ME WHAT LOCATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD IS A SAFE AREA TO BUY A HOUSE IN E. SJO. HOW IS LOMAS DE AYARCO NORTE; IS IT A GOOD LOCATION. BOBO. THANKS.