I have a general question about contacting the ARCR through their information. First off, I've  called their new number 506-4052-4052 from the US without respsonce...is there a specific area code I'm missing? (001?).

Second...do they ever answer their emails? (info@arcr.net) I've emailed them twice without response. 

I'm new to ARCR but not Costa Rica...my mother was born there, I have hundreds of relatives that I've visited over the years, and my aunt has already given an application to Immigration a few years ago.(l was told I have to show up in person after the Consulet in LA said I needed to do it from here and charged me $500 for the privilege 😒 💸

I understand the choices, cost, waiting period, geography and Culture...I just can't reach ARCR to get the Immigration process started...what gives with them? 

Alan, San Diego 

Can't help with the contact info, but thought I would ask if you are under 25, to allow you to benefit by applying through the 'Immediate Relative' status?

Edited by costaricafinca

10 hours ago, Thereminator101 said:

I have a general question about contacting the ARCR through their information. First off, I've  called their new number 506-4052-4052 from the US without respsonce...is there a specific area code I'm missing? (001?)

Try this alternate number:  (506) 2220-0055

If you're calling from the US try using Skype.  It's fairly cheap though you would have to first sign up (free) and then buy some SkypeOut Minutes.  BTW, the number I pasted in above is the one I use to reach the operator at ARCR.

Also check their office hours on the ARCR website and remember that CR is on Central time but does not observe DST.  Also there are quite a few holidays in CR and you may have inadvertently called them on a day that they're closed.

And, no they may not answer emails promptly -or maybe at all if you're not a paid member.  (This non-response to emails seems to be epidemic in CR, tho not sure why.)

OK – HTH

Paul M.
==

Thanks Paul, although I've been to Costa Rica a couple times before I've never had to deal with any business or administrative offices before...I've never made an international call...just booked flights, rented cars and started driving(with relatives addresses).

I've always made a point of driving around both the Osa and Nicoya pinininsula areas(via costal and cerra de la Muerte)for a week or so before relatives, so I have a good sence of CR life.

I'm an 'Administrative' foreigner...so I'll work on that. 😁

Thanks for the advice...I'll check out the call times and Skype. 

Pura Vida, Alan