• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts which are inappropriate to the Support Forums will be deleted without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
Mustang1023

Can a DUI over 5 years old cause denial of Pensionado Residency?

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so I hope this is an appropiate question...so here goes, I have retained a lawyer in San Jose, Costa Rica to guide me through the Pensionado Residency process and I plan on moving/retiring to Costa Rica by the end of 2016. After much searching online, the denial's for residency status seem to mention only felonies. I was convicted of a misdemeanor DUI(alcohol) in 2010, so my question is can this DUI cause denial of a Pensionado Residency if my police report is otherwise clean? Thanks for the help.

If it was a simple DUI you shouldn't have any problems. You could get a Police letter of good conduct or a criminal history report (depending on the municipality and State you live in) and send to your lawyer for his opinion.

Thank you for the quick reply. I applied for the Police Report/Background Check yesterday and was also fingerprinted. It was a simple DUI(didn't seem simple at the time), with no accident or injuries or anything like that. The lawyer has listed out everything that I have to procure to apply for the Pensionado Residency. Right now, the DUI is the only thing that I was concerned about. Any other opinions would be appreciated. Thanks again.

I am from Canada and I never thought about this. I had the same thing 40 years ago and nothing showed up on my check.

No, if you go to the CR embassy site, I think they have a list of the types of felonies that would disqualify one for residency. They are only looking at serious one.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor