• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership.   Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate forum.   Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum.   Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doppelt

Corporation dissolving and real estate

41 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever had an old corporation years ago and let it alone for years?

I had a corporation more than a decade ago. I never used it. I

I did not know that now you pay taxes on it. Years ago. you did not have to.

Mine is 3 years in the rears. I never was given minutes or books or whatever you are supposed to have on it.

Now I am worried thyat if I ever but real estate in CR, there may be ab issue.

My lawyer told me that after 3 years the CR govt. will dissolve the corp automatically

but its still in question what will happen.

I am inclined to pay the 3 years of tax and then dissolve it formally

any ideas on this?

thanks

I was going to say that as well but I was not positive. We are shutting down an S.A. for a community association and that is on the list of do's that our attorney has for us.

I think that it would be prudent to have my attorney dissolve it. yes, you are right

I thought maybe I could avoid the back taxes, but I have to pay them before I can dissolve it.

I may look up my corp on CR registry website and see what it says

thxs

I just looked up several "persona juridica" (corporations) that I knew were active or formally dissolved by a lawyer. That is what they show "inscrita" and "liquidada".

If the taxes haven't been paid, it was widely reported (several years ago), that they enforced the taxes by not permitting actions to the corporation in the Registro. That would prevent changing owner/board membership, selling/buying, other official updates including dissolution.

Doppelt, could you report what you find for a "no taxes paid for a long time" corporation?

Update: for those unfamiliar, the attached .pdf shows briefly how to check the Registro for corporations. (It has reduced resolution to meet the 500Kb file limit for posting...)

Registro - check corporations.pdf

Edited by CMinCR

thanks

I am confused

where do you want me to seach for 'no taxes paid for a long time" corporation?'

here in this forum?

2. are you saying that I cannot dissolve my corporation? or maybe not just by myself

my lawyer said that he can dissolve it for a fee, but I would have to pay the back taxes

thanks

I will look at this document

there is a video on youtube on how to look at the registry also

I will be buying real; estate in the future as a private person, as long as this old corporation does not hinder that

I will gladly pay the fees and dissolve it

thanks

dennis

Dennis, I'm sorry I wasn't more clear in the descriptions. I was interested in whether yours was in a different status.

• You'd said you would look up your corporation on the Registro website to "see what it says"
  • I'd checked the Registro for status of current and dissolved corporations, to note how they appeared ("inscrita" and "liquidada")
  • I suggested that you report how yours appears, assuming it had been marked as not having paid the taxes, and it still appears "inscrita"

The brief PDF was for those that might not be aware you can look up "personas juridicas" online.

In the PDF it also indicates how to check whether "personas juridicas" have outstanding taxes via "Impuesto personas juridicas". That is where you could check if it shows outstanding taxes on the corporation.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Colin

Edited by CMinCR

thanks

the pdf was helpful, more than the video, cause I printed it out and followed it

yes, my corp[oration says its still registered

and there 'is' another place to chack, I did not see it

my lawyer just emailed me a screen capture, and it showed me a summary of all my back taxes from 2011, to 2015

I have to pay about 1000.00 to be able to dissolve the corporation, which I will do

I also have to pay 200.00 to file a letter to get my corporate books (whatever those are)

before I file a dissolution form.

I have lots of time, I can't afford it right now, but at least I know that I won't be charged anymore taxes after 2015

after the new laws came into effect.

thanks

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

The amounts you posted in your message just above . . . Are then in Dollars [$] or colones [¢] ?

Just curious.

Paul M.

==

Paul, this was in dollars

-CostaRicaFinca, if the law is soon to be reinstated? then I will just have to make sure I dissolve it withing the next year, so that I do not accumulate more taxes

Dennis

There is nothing for sure at this point about reinstating the tax, but I would be very surprised if they did not.

The new leadership in the asamblea has put the bill to reinstate the impuestos sobre personas jurídicas on a fast track. The good news is that the tax on inactive SAs will go down to 65 mil or so.

We'll see.