• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==

eleanorcr    0

Yeah but the National Anthem was great!

Cam Newton needs to do a lot of thinking. He's a great player but Manning really showed him what experience can do for you. And... that Broncos defense! Whew!! My son is a Patriots fan and they are still smarting from the beating they took from that Broncos defense.

!Mark!    0

Lady Gaga scored the first touchdown of the game!

I was not sure of what to expect when I heard that she would be singing the National Anthem. Given some of her past appearances almost anything was possible. I was pleased that she appeared with reasonable attire, reasonable hair and makeup and sang an excellent rendition of the song.

eleanorcr    0

Some people have pointed out that she has always been an excellent singer and artist but couldn't get any notice until she began her "Lady Gaga" persona. I'm sure a lot of people were relieved that this was not another "weirdo" singing the National Anthem. As she once put it: "Who would pay any attention to Stefani Germanotta?" Her real name... It's interesting that these days, she is more into actual singing and less into the Lady Gaga persona.

!Mark!    0

I totally understand and accept the reasons for Lady Gaga's adopted persona. Madona has gone before her and done the same sort of things to attract attention. But there is a place and time for everything and singing the National Anthem is not one of them. If a performer wants to act outrageously they can do the half-time show.

lucybelle    0

1- I am a Panther's fan and that game was very disappointing. Honestly the only portion of the team that played well was the Bronco's defense. Bronco offense was really not that great. I mean the score was close, even with all turnovers and fumbles and horrible game play going on the Panther's end. We'll get 'em next year. #keeppounding

2- I love Lady Gaga, she's an excellent singer. I saw her live when she came to San Jose! She was great. Not only is she a great singer, but she's an amazing performer. I like her antics, I think they're fun. I wasn't blown away by her national anthem, but I know she's a great singer so whatever.

3- The halftime show was great. I am a big Beyonce and Bruno Mars fan, I mean who isn't? Coldplay seemed to just try to keep up. Speaking of how fabulous Beyonce is, I'll be buying cheap-o tickets to her tour which is starting soon. Gotta love the Bey!

eleanorcr    0

"I am a big Beyonce and Bruno Mars fan, I mean who isn't?"

Er...... a bar owner in the town where I used to live told me "If it's too loud, you're too old." So... I guess I'm too old. Granted, both Beyonce and Bruno Mars are great, but I am not a fan of either one. I mean, Etta James, Ray Charles, Marvin Gaye with a side of Dave Matthews or Jason Mraz. For singing and dancing, I'll take Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers! hahahaha I do like all types of music but I mostly like the type of music where you can hear the melody and understand the words and the fireworks are not the main thing. And yeah, Eric Clapton. And Snoop Dog. Fo shizzle!

Edited by eleanorcr

eleanorcr    0

She does put on a spectacular show -- I'm sure you will enjoy it. Keep it up and in a few years, you will be saying a lot of "Huh?" like the rest of us with hearing loss. I mean, who do you think are those hippies from the 1970's? :D :D