• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
ronofboston

ENOUGH is ENOUGH

Bob205    0

I still think CR has many positives for the day to day life we are seeking. I refuse to get into personal arguments between some members. Newman has his point of view. Ticogrande, Elaerorcr, and others have theirs.

I am sure ALL have valid points. I am trying to sort it all out.

I generally try to have a POSITIVE outlook. If I didn't, what is the point of trying to make our life better? But I do understand everything is not all covered with roses.

I thank everyone for their input, but I will no longer add to this thread.

T&VSmith    0

Nope, if I disagree with an old time poster I will be gone. I thought I brought something to this forum but if you do something to alienate the originals (and the moderator) you will be punished and having said that this may be my last post (not by choice) If I am turfed I will send you an email. I thought this was a fair forum but am struggling. It is hard to give a point of view when mine is deleted and the original poster is allowed to continue. We are soooo happy in Costa Rica and do not need to be censored for our opinion.

Edited by T&VSmith

ronofboston    0

T&VSmith

I for one have enjoyed your posts and shared info. I never worry about "old timers" opinions, but have learnt much from them. As for "moderators", I'm sure I have, on some occasions, pushed them to the limit. It is a FORUM to learn, enjoy, and voice opinions without unreasonable "censorship". As stated before, a Homogenized FORUM is a BORING forum.

Epicatt2    0

Nope, if I disagree with an old time poster I will be gone. I thought I brought something to this forum but if you do something to alienate the originals (and the moderator) you will be punished and having said that this may be my last post (not by choice) If I am turfed I will send you an email. I thought this was a fair forum but am struggling. It is hard to give a point of view when mine is deleted and the original poster is allowed to continue. We are soooo happy in Costa Rica and do not need to be censored for our opinion.

Terry (& Fourms Members),

Not sure why you continue complaining about this. It has been explained to you more than once that a check of your membership shows it as active and unrestricted. And as it later was determined, the problem was indeed at your end.

Aside from that, all we ask is that our Forums members follow the Forums Rules & Guidelines. That is little enough to ask of our members. But if a member does not follow the Rules then that member will be asked (privately via PM, as you were) to cease doing whatever it is that was found to be unacceptable. And if the action persists eventually the member may be sanctioned. Members are contacted off list when there is an infraction so they are not left uaware and may correct their actions.

It may be appropriate at this juncture to remind our Forums members that all of you at the time you registered to become Forums members and as a condition of joining agreed to follow the Forums Rules & Guidelines. Those who merely checked the box to agree and did not bother to read and understand the Rules & Guidlelines (which seems to be all too common) then should not kvetch about being mistreated 'somehow' when they are simply asked to conform to the Rules.

NOTE: For any Forums member who wishes to review the Rules & Guidelines, the link to them can be found at the bottom right corner of any Forums page.

Regards,

- -

T&VSmith    0

I was not complaining, merely stating a fact. The post that I am being punished for was again totally factual. It contained numbers and percentages that anyone could have calculated. My messenger has not been emptied since May and there is no post contained within with any sort of warning. Much like David Murray, it is time for a hiatus, maybe after time I will be allowed to use the full functions of the editor again but it is really not that important as we totally love Costa Rica and are happy here.

eleanorcr    0

T&V -- Like you, I have taken a "hiatus" from time to time from this forum. Take a break and put your mind somewhere else and let things settle down and we hope that you will then return.

And I'd like to see that David Murray again!

Everyone has a point of view and whether we have the same point of view or not doesn't matter. Yes, variety is what makes this forum useful.

I know that the moderator has deleted posts at various times for various reasons so I hope you don't feel picked on!

imxploring    0

T&V -- Like you, I have taken a "hiatus" from time to time from this forum. Take a break and put your mind somewhere else and let things settle down and we hope that you will then return.

And I'd like to see that David Murray again!

Everyone has a point of view and whether we have the same point of view or not doesn't matter. Yes, variety is what makes this forum useful.

I know that the moderator has deleted posts at various times for various reasons so I hope you don't feel picked on!

Speaking of DM.... is he selling his house in CR? I think I saw a picture of a home for sale on A.M. Costa Rica that looked like his? I thought he was in Grecia but this house mentioned being outside San Ramon I believe.

TicoGrande    0
ronofboston

Ron and Paula,

As promised, I contacted ARCR on your behalf.

By now, or at least hopefully by today, you should have been contacted regarding your residency and this should all be resolved shortly.

If you have NOT been contacted, at least by Monday because of the ARCR move, email me at webmaster [at} arcr.net and I will follow up again.

TG

Because this matter is resolved and more because this post has gone off-topic on several levels, I am closing this thread.