• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==

newman    0

out of curiosity, not because I want to purchase a used car, I have been perusing the used car ads in Costa Rica. Costa Rica Encuentra has used car ads, and annotates the number of ads they are currently running. In the last month, the number of ads that Encuentra has been running has increased by more than 2000 ads. They currentlhy show over 11,000 used car ads listed!! How many of these are already sold and not removed from the list is a mute point due to the staggering number of ads for used cars!! If this isn't an indication of the imminent collapse of the Costa Rican financial system, I don't know any other way to quantify it. Additionally, my landladies nephew had a tow truck and had tried selling cars to make extra money (he is a teacher), but had to give up his sidelines because no business exists for those endeavors!

Why do you always see the imminent financial collapse of Costa Rica around every corner?

Here is another possible reason for the increase in number of used cars available. A Tica friend predicted an increase in the number of used cars and advised cation after the recent massive flooding in the U.S.

Someone buys all those cars from insurance companies.

T

!Mark!    0

Additionally, my landladies nephew had a tow truck and had tried selling cars to make extra money (he is a teacher), but had to give up his sidelines because no business exists for those endeavors!

What?

There is no market for tow trucks nor used cars in CR?

I guess that all of those gruas I see on the road are just out joy riding?

And used cars? There appear to me to be many, many folks making a living at selling used cars in CR. Or maybe all of those salesmen are using the car lot as an excuse to get out of the house?

Perhaps the sobrino wasn't able to devote the necessary attention to his endeavors.

jjlen53    0

If this isn't an indication of the imminent collapse of the Costa Rican financial system, I don't know any other way to quantify it.

Ya know I must has slept through that class when I got my MBA. Of all the indicators of financial problems, a glut of used car ads did not seem to be on the list. I do not enjoy useless predictions of doom, especially with zero basis in the facts.

CR might have a problem, but an excess of used car ads is not one of them.

Let us consider the good things we have. That is what the Ticos do. They are not worried about impending financial collapse and you probably should not either.

newman    0

I read La Nación every day - and I can assure you that Costa Rica is dying! They are on their way to the financial collapse that Greece is facing today - when the common people can't sell or buy cars, can't afford the gas for the cars, a real problema exists - by the way, my land ladies sister is desperate to sell her Fiat, and can't find a buyer!! if you want toc contact these people with first hand experience, I may be able to arrange a face to face meeting with them for you!!!!!!!!

newman    0

I just remembered something - I lived in Sydney Nebraska for 10 years - a company based in Sydney made boxing rings and other sports equipment - in a discussion one day with the owners son, I remember him saying that he always new when a big war was starting somewhere in the world, because the demand for their aluminum smelters (that they manufactured) would increase substantially when a big war was on the horizon - I still believe that the lousy used car market in Costa Rica portends serious financial problems in the next couple of years! When I'm analyzing something, I like to keep it simple - you'll never go wrong with this approach!! I have also found in this life, it is of paramount importance to keep your finger on the pulse of things around you - you can plan for the disasters and "play the angles" (which I've done my whole life), to avoid coming out on the bottom!!!

newman    0

between Saturday, June 27, and sunday June 28, the number of cars listed for sale on Encuentra jumped from 12056 to 12087 - 22 more cars listed for sale in 1 day?? I think you guys may now get the be able to draw hte proper conclusions!!

newman    0

On Saturday June 27 on Encuentra, 12065 used cars were posted for sale, this morning, 30 june at 0320 Encuentra shows 12352 cars posted for sale on their site - can anyone explain to me why this number of posted ads is increasing at such an alarming velocity?a

missy    0

I love that Lucybelle.

On another note...For sale: used 1990 Ford XL 350 open air Cargo truck 2 1/2 ton, dual wheels. diesel, AC, international motor great for livestock or moving things.