exile1

1 Month's rental

Hi, not sure if this is the right site for my query....but my wife and I are coming on a 'recce' to CR for one month on the 10th June with the purpose of attending the ARCR seminars and eliciting knowledge with a view to relocating when we have sold our present abode [working on a 6 to 9 month time span]. We are looking for a months accommodation central to the Capital. I was thinking about a sum of around $US600 to 800 for this period and would hope to find at least twin bedroom en suite with breakfast and laundry facilities. Am I being realistic and is there anything within these parameters around San Jose?

Edited by exile1

It may be possible, but very difficult. Most landlords want a minimum 6 month contract. There are what we call apartotels which are like apartments that can be rented daily/weekly/monthly, but most have now become more expensive than $800 per month. (Though they do mostly include breakfast, so maybe this would suit you)

This is actually an area that I have discussed with several potential investors as a business opportunity, but few are open and running yet. Email me at arcr@casacanada.net

It may be possible, but very difficult.  Most landlords want a minimum 6 month contract.  There are what we call apartotels which are like apartments that can be rented daily/weekly/monthly, but most have now become more expensive than $800 per month. (Though they do mostly include breakfast, so maybe this would suit you)

This is actually an area that I have discussed with several potential investors as a business opportunity, but few are open and running yet.  Email me at arcr@casacanada.net

Many thanks Ryan, I guess it's an aparthotel then. looking forward to our visit.

Regards

Hi Excile,

Have just the place for you. I have lived here for a few years but just returned from the states and found this great place to live. It's in central SJ in your price range and you don't have to sign a contract. You can rent it by the week or month with no deposit. They are large 1,2,and 3 bedroom apartments complete with anything you could want. They are fully furnaced with all appliances. All you need to bring is your clothes and a toothbrush. The apartments come with cable and highspeed internet(FREE), VCR, Stereos, and T.V., Coffee maker, just everything. The guy you want to talk to is John Davenport at Jddaven@yahoo.com or you can call at 506-222-5942. Good luck and hope to see you here in June.

Natrold

Hi, not sure if this is the right site for my query....but my wife and I are coming on a 'recce' to CR for one month on the 10th June with the purpose of attending the ARCR seminars and eliciting knowledge with a view to relocating when we have sold our present abode [working on a 6 to 9 month time span]. We are looking for a months accommodation central to the Capital. I was thinking about a sum of around $US600 to 800 for this period and would hope to find at least twin bedroom en suite with breakfast and laundry facilities. Am I being realistic and is there anything within these parameters around San Jose?

I know of a place that does short term rentals in San Jose. I lived there before and it is nice and in your price range with no deposit or contract. They have one and two bedroom apartments completely furnished with everything you could want. It even comes with a computer and high speed internet. It's the Morazan Apartments. The phone number is 363-1401 and his name is Mike, or the e-mail is costaricareality@yahoo.com.

Yes there is just what you are looking for. Write Mike at costaricareality@yahoo.com