I have a question for those who may be familiar with the Fort Lauderdale, FL airport...

I will be flying through FLL on my next trip (both to and fro the US) and will need to spend the night to make my connecting flights. Can anyone recommend a comfortable, convenient and reasonably priced hotel near the airport?

TIA

Oddly enough, I just did a Trivago.com search on Fort Lauderdale hotels, !Mark! There appears to be a wide variety of reasonably priced places available through Priceline.com. I don't know how close to the airport them might be.

There is a really cool Marriott property in the art-deco district in south beach I recently spent a night at that is walking distance to Mango's on the strip which is super-fun, but in south beach, not FLL. It is a short taxi ride. I will get the address if you re interested. Marriott is buying up "properties of historical significance" as boutique hotels which are really fun.....including this one!

Oddly enough, I just did a Trivago.com search on Fort Lauderdale hotels, !Mark! There appears to be a wide variety of reasonably priced places available through Priceline.com. I don't know how close to the airport them might be.

Thank you David, um legs. I have already done a search on Trip Adviser and have seen all of the hotels around the airport. I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who has flown through FLL and could recommend a hotel. I am Gold on Marriott Hotels and see that there is a Courtyard (by Marriott) nearby with an airport shuttle. Have you ever stayed there?

There is a really cool Marriott property in the art-deco district in south beach I recently spent a night at that is walking distance to Mango's on the strip which is super-fun, but in south beach, not FLL. It is a short taxi ride. I will get the address if you re interested. Marriott is buying up "properties of historical significance" as boutique hotels which are really fun.....including this one!

Sorry Jo, I'm really only interested in a hotel near FLL. One of my flights departs FLL at 7 AM so I really do want to stay near the airport. Perhaps on another trip I can do the South Beach thing.

Mark,

South Beach is in the SE area of Miami which puts it close to an hour from FLL (i.e., Fort Lauderdale).

There are many local motels near the airport and of course there's the airport hotel in FLL. Don't know the cost for a romm there, though.

Mark, try a Google search for 'motels near FLL' if you haven't. I did that and got a over a dozen hits. Four of them are just outside the airport main entrance with another eight or so a little further north of FLL. A few of those that popped up are in the $60 range and I'm sure there is one that's acceptable to your needs very close by to FLL.

Anyway, if the price is right and the proximity is close enough, then several of those nearby motels will serve your needs. If you want nightlife or a good restaurant, from what I have seen there's nice stuff close by via taxi, if you're not overly picky.

Buena Suerte!

Paul M.

==

We have been using the new Hyatt House and Hyatt Place in Dania Beach (which is where the airport is technically located). The hotels are next to each other, new and very nice. Great breakfast is included.

The Hyatt Place is less expensive than the "House". Both have airport shuttle service.

Edited by Art Fern