Sign in to follow this  
jal

title search

"Top law firms and the Casa Canada Group have computers connected directly to the Central Registry and can search the title of land instantly from their office. Registry of mortgages and liens are much the same as in North America. "

Who has used this service from ARCR?

Can you share on your experience and wisdom?

We have not used this service but we do highly recommend it. A competent attorney/notary's research via the National Registry of any property you're thinking of buying should be your very first step. And, if losing the money might be a setback for you, hire a second attorney/notary to check the work of the first. And always, always have this service performed by an attorney/notary who is working for you and not for either the seller or for some real estate agent.

It's my understanding that there is Internet access to the National Registry, so while some law firms may have some sort of direct access, it really isn't necessary.

It's my understanding that there is Internet access to the National Registry, so while some law firms may have some sort of direct access, it really isn't necessary.

Yes. I just found it from your comment.

https://www.rnpdigital.com/

After digging though the links and using google translate, I feel confident in saying that I would not be able to use it to verify a property.

So, I would be using a service like ARCR. Can someone clue me in to the cost etc.

I dont know why but the link has too many chararter to be valid.

https://www.rnpdigital.com/%C2%A0

The end needs to be removed %C2%A0 for it to work.

Is there anyone able to guide me, (with a personal message, if you want) on how to browse the site to find property and their owners.

For some reason the above links didn't work for me either, but I already have it bookmarked. If the one I posted does not work, Google registro nacional to find the link. Then click this link:

sistema_certificaciones_img.jpg

Then you will need to "registrarse por primera vez" if you haven't already.

If you make it past this, then start with :

Consultas Gratuitas

You may need to consult with Registro Civiles - Consultas Civiles to get a cedula number or someones exact legal name as searches need to be specific, close doesn't count.

It's interesting the things you can find out with just a name or cedula.

Hope this gets you started. Buena suerte!

Thanks Criollo

I got as far as you said.

I want to look up owners of properties, in tilaran.

I want to see the survey maps of the properties.

What do I need to do?

If you know the owners name go here

Consulta de Personas por Nombre

This will tell you the properties that they own and then you can click on the properties to check description and liens and mortages etc.

Indice Personas Fisicas will provide info if the person is a member of an SA and the properties owned by the SA

https://www.rnpdigital.com/shopping/consultaDocumentos/indiceDocumentos.jspx#

However, to see the maps and planos I think you still need to go to the local muni or registro nacional.

Costa Rica has been working on consolidating their varous records (for 4-5 years so far) into one system called

Sistema de Información del Registro Inmobiliario (SIRI). All I can find so far are screen shots and proposals of the system. I read once that it was partially up and running but nowhere near completion.

Edited by Criollo

A word of warning . . . Properties have been "sold" in the past by persons who are not the actual owners, so in addition to verifying whatever's recorded in the National Registry, insist upon seeing the seller's cedula or passport to verify his or her identity.

Too, if it were mine to do again, I would have my own surveyor survey the property and mark the corners and boundary lines about every twenty meters. If you end up buying the property, have your surveyor's drawing (plano castrado) recorded in the National Registry as the official plat map.

And a second word of warning . . . If the property you're thinking of buying is not recorded in the National Registry, pass on it and find a piece that is. Buying an unrecorded plot can become a nightmare.