• Announcements

• Epicatt2

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE POSTING to SUPPORT FORUM   01/28/2011

Posts to this Support Forum are to be related ONLY to one's ARCR membership. Posts inappropriate to the Support Forum will be removed without comment. Please post all other types of questions to the appropriate Forum. Only Forums Moderators, Administrators and ARCR Employees ae able to make any replies to this ARCR Support Forum. Paul M. Forums Moderator ==
endrick

More "post" etiquette

endrick    0

I would suggest, when replying to a post, don't include the whole entry ---- a few lines will usually do, and anyone can read the original. This must 'chew up' server space and slow down the site.

Please remember, use caps (CAPITAL letters) only sparingly; they are the internet's equivalent of shouting, and should really only be used for emphasis, if NEED be.

And yes, use spell check -- I cringe when I find (to me) obvious errors; that's not to say, I don't make any, but I try not to.

Endrick

-:)

TicoGrande    0

Ugh Endrick... You've done it again.

I am not sure how to deal with this quoting thing. It is 99% unnecessary and the typing in all caps is driving me buggy.

Glad you said it... not I hope all those who read your post will "get it".

Folks? Just hit Reply to answer a post. Use quotes only for a post that is waaay back in the thread.

TG

Drew1DC    0

I agree with Endrick's post about not quoting others' entries and using ALL CAPS, however, I think telling people to use "spell check" is a bit much. We all do the beest we can!

Wally    0

I agree completely with Endrick.

Being dyslexic (I'm not kidding on this one), I have to re-check my work constantly but occasionally the pesky reversals, etc. still manage to sneak out on my posted copies. Even though I'm an excellent speller, the Spell Check helps to point out errors my faulty brain circuitry has missed.

Be that as it may (or June), I sincerely wish there also existed a "Grammar Check" for many of the posts I've seen out there. :blink:

Concerning those who use all capitals, my husband opines that perhaps those poor folks are simply hard of hearing.

Barbara :rolleyes:

endrick    0

I should perhaps point out one tidbit about 'reply':

The "Reply button will attach the quote. You still can then erase as much of it as you wish, and just leave a few words -- the ones you are targeting your reply to ( not sure I make sense?), as I did in the example below.

Folks?  Just hit Reply to answer a post.  Use quotes only.......

or as TG says, use the 'Add Reply' button at the top or bottom of the page, which will not quote any text.

Took me a while to figure out initially, not all of this stuff is intuitive......... -:)

Wally, love the 'hard hearing' part ...... will use that one on occasion.

TicoGrande    0

Ah Endrick... you caught me.

Folks should generally use Add Reply or Fast Reply which simply lets you have your say. The " "Reply " is handy if you are replying to an older post and you need it quoted in order for your post to make sense. UGH... I hate getting olde. TG

jasman    0

The only way NOT (sorry) to get the quote is by using fast reply, it seems, I tried using add reply, quote, and reply, and they all included the quote. It's not hard to just delete the quote, however. Highlight. Delete. Gone.

By the way, why is it that some posts are left-aligned, and some seem to be centered?

Edited by jasman

TicoGrande    0

Well Jasman... you tried them ALL except for the correct one.

If you click "Add Reply" at the bottom of the thread, it does just that... it Adds a Reply without quotes, just as I did here. If you try to reply to someones Post, the you get the quotes. Logical.

As for the justification, as I mentioned in the Forum Notices, we upgraded and there were a couple of bugs to be worked out... and I believe most have been resolved.

TG

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.