My esposo has finally been assigned an interview date for USA visa! July 3 is the big day! We're both very excited and nervous. I got a little misty yesterday thinking that in possibly just a month we'll be leaving the place I've called home for 3 years (and he's called home for.. more than three years ;) )

I put in my letter of resignation yesterday. My last day is in two weeks. My esposo quit his job at the end of May.

We're trying to figure out when to start selling our stuff. We also need to get rid of a lot of clothes! We usually put them on the street on trash day and someone comes to get them.

I'll of course be sad to leave CR, but I'm also really excited to move back to the USA. I especially miss my puppy who has been in the USA since the beginning of May. My esposo has one excellent job prospect, and of course he'll apply for more once we get in country. I'll find a job wherever he does, I'm more flexible being a teacher.

So just thought I'd update everyone! Here's a recent picture of my puppy hanging in the USA. (I hope she didn't forget all her Spanish ^_^ )

10359147_293323850835465_755067235283674

All the best on the Visa appointment! Please keep us posted as to your progress... (Those were big steps, leaving your jobs, shipping your pup,... Wow!)

Good luck!

Colin

Best of luck relocating back north Lucy!

Hope you will give us your perspectives on re-integrating into los EEUU.

Hope your esposo might be kind enough to provide us with some of his perspectives on integrating into the US.

Hope your transfer goes off without a hitch!

Paul M.

==

So excited for you! Ditto Paul ... I hope you'll drop by from time to time. So happy you'll be reunited with Perlita. Good, positive thoughts out to both of you, and please please keep us updated.

Ah, lucybelle, let me add my best wishes to everyone else! Good luck and may all go smoothly and both of you find great jobs quickly!

saludos cordiales,

Gayle

ps: enjoy your tropical fruit here while you can! Spouse's plaintive comment whenever we leave CR is, "but I won't be able to have my morning papaya half." Fresh blueberries (which used to be his favorite) are a poor substitute, and, no, papayas from the Philippines are NOT the same..

Lucybelle!!!! Congrats and best to you both! Sure hope you stay involved with the forum, you are delightful, add great perspective and will be too missed if you drop it!! Be safe, best on July 3!

Came back to update- my esposo's interview was yesterday and we were APPROVED!!! We'll be leaving in TWO WEEKS!

We're both very excited. I'm excited to simply NOT be dealing with immigration stuff for three years (until my esposo can apply for a US passport). I still never got residency here in CR. OH WELL! :D

Congratulations Lucybelle (and to your husband!)

If you have a moment, could you post what kinds of questions they ask in the interview? Purely for our curiosity. We've often heard how difficult it is for Ticos to get a visa, often even a short-term one. So how much difference is there if married to a U.S. citizen?

Good luck in your new (to be) life "up North"...

She'd better not go back to NC right ow. Hurricane Arthur was just passsing thru yesterday. Arthur was upgraded to a Cat. 2 'cane late last night.

Haven't checkked the weather this morning yet. Hope there wasn't much damage.

The Weather Channel and others were all keeping a watchful eye on Arthur last night when I turned off the telly and went to sleep.

Fingers X-ed!

Paul M.

==