Vicki,

And when I'd posted 500 times (which includes PMs, by the way), *I* became an expert!

regards,

Gayle

(nice to know I'm considered an expert somewhere!)

Yes Gayle, it is nice to have your knowledge and contributions... A welcome, personally-acquired source of information and insight...

BTW, over the years we've had (relatively new) members "contribute" hundreds of jokes, quips, one-line comments, and complete non sequiturs to drive their post count into the exalted stratosphere... Informational value did not rise correspondingly...

Vicki, the best evaluation of a member's status is to consider the quality, comprehensive, and balanced nature of their comments whether at 50 posts or 5000... and whether they live here or gleaned it from the web...

Edited by CMinCR

Sometimes looking at how long one has been a member can filter out some of the "fluff." I've been a member of the forum since 2005. I don't post all that much overall, so it took me many years to reach whatever status I have (I think I'm a Pro now, LOL), but I've been around a long time so at least I didn't earn my 1500+ posts over the course of a month.

:)

Jessica

Edited by ReevesTribe

Hello Vicki,

If you're gonna do that why not ask some really good, on-topic questions to see if we're able to answer them!

Cheers!

Paul M.

Forums Moderator

==

Thanks everybody! (this is my 45th post.) I think I'll go post 5 more times today and see what happens tomorrow! :)

It's the journey - not the destination. Pura vida!

Yes Gayle, it is nice to have your knowledge and contributions... A welcome, personally-acquired source of information and insight...

BTW, over the years we've had (relatively new) members "contribute" hundreds of jokes, quips, one-line comments, and complete non sequiturs to drive their post count into the exalted stratosphere... Informational value did not rise correspondingly...

Vicki, the best evaluation of a member's status is to consider the quality, comprehensive, and balanced nature of their comments whether at 50 posts or 5000... and whether they live here or gleaned it from the web...

Good morning all,

Thought I'd take this opportunity to say thank you to all the members who've answered my questions so far. I'm a new member (and not yet in CR) and the information that I've received so far in these forums has been invaluable to me while planning my move!

It's the journey - not the destination. Pura vida!

Its the nice relaxing hammock & cold beer at the destination that makes the journey worth it! pura vida B)

Its the nice relaxing hammock & cold beer at the destination that makes the journey worth it! pura vida B)

I'd probably fall out of the hammock but, a cold beer definitely makes most everything worthwhile!