Just got back from a 7 day journey to Cuba and it was a very interesting trip.

Of note, upon our exit at the Havana Airport the Migracion official stamped my Tiko Passport and that of my wife's and Not the Visa Card(s). I inquired as to the WHY and she stated that it is their revised policy that All Passports will be stamped upon exiting Cuba and not the Visa Card.

Edited by tibas9

Of note, on my exit at the Havana Airport the Migracion official stamped my Tiko Passport and Not the Visa Card. I inquired as to the WHY and she stated that it is their revised policy that All Passports will be stamped upon exiting Cuba and not the Visa Card.

Wow! First I've heard of this. Thanx for alerting us to the new policy!

That is something the every (secret) gringo tourist to the island should be aware of.

Regards,

Paul M.

==

Of note, on my exit at the Havana Airport the Migracion official stamped my Tiko Passport and Not the Visa Card. I inquired as to the WHY and she stated that it is their revised policy that All Passports will be stamped upon exiting Cuba and not the Visa Card.

Wonder when they changed this. I went July 2013 and they stamped my visa card on the way out.

The Cuba Migracion kept my Visa Card and stamped my Tiko Passport with Cuba Insigna and Date of Salida.

We were with a group of 17 other Ticos whose Visa CArd was kept by the Cuba Migracion Official(s) and all their Passports were stamped with the "Cuba Seal of Approval" and had their Visa Card taken away.

Maybe there is exception for USA Passport travelers to Cubalandia???

As to the "why" I do not know as I am just reporting what happened Last Week to the wife and I along with 17 other Tico Travelers at tje Havana Airport.

Edited by tibas9

The Cuba Migracion kept my Visa Card and stamped my Tiko Passport with Cuba Insigna and Date of Salida.

We were with a group of 17 other Ticos whose Visa CArd was kept by the Cuba Migracion Official(s) and all their Passports were stamped with the "Cuba Seal of Approval" and had their Visa Card taken away.

Maybe there is exception for USA Passport travelers to Cubalandia???

As to the "why" I do not know as I am just reporting what recently happened to the wife and I along with 17 other Tico Travelers.

Oh I'm not trying to say you're wrong, I was just giving my experience as well. My husband (tico) didn't have his passport stamped either.

I did say each time "please don't stamp my passport" just in case. One lady laughed and said "no, we don't do that".

As a previous US Immigration officer I can add some comments to this. The Cuban government used to stamp a removable paper either visa or blank paper for US Citizens so that you would not get in trouble when returning to the US. If you are like tibas9 with 2 passports you have no problem because you can travel to Cuba with the CR passport and into the US with the US passport. If you travel to Cuba be warned, if they stamp your passport as indicated above you may have no problems entering the US and they may let you slip by but enforcement in the US changes daily and different priorities are given to the officers daily. So just because X got by on July1 does not mean Y will not be fined and or penalized on July 2.

Forum Members

I had two(2) conversations this morning with my Blue Cross/Blue Shield(BCBS) overseas representative(s) who stated that my BCBS Federal Employee Plan will cover any necessary medical expenses in the country of Cuba and any other country on-this-earth. You need to pay up-front and then send the medical receipts to them for payment.

Rick

So can you report on the state of healthcare in Cuba?

As the wife and I did not need to use the Cuba Healthcare System I have no idea as to the state of Cuba Healthcare.

On another front, The Cuba Beer, pina coladas, fresh lobster and "Ropa Vieja" lunch was very good.

As to Cuba being a cheap place to travel; I found it comparable in price to Ticolandia. Only difference is that you spend a lot of "Cuba Cucs" and not Colones.

Brought back four(4) liters of "Jameson Irish Whiskey" which we bought at the Panama City Airport for around $20.00 a bottle and 10 cuba cigars which cost around $20.00! In Havana, The wife and I enjoyed the many "Heinekin" Beers" from the Holland Beer Factory and what a improved marked difference in taste from the Ticoland Heinekin. Also, we had a few shots of the "Jameson Irish Whiskey" at a few Cuba Watering Holes.

Edited by tibas9