Sign in to follow this  
Savannahjo

Human grade wood pellets for cooking...

Hi everyone! Just purchased a Traeger grill - wow is it good! First time I have used wood pellets as the fuel source. Curious if anyone in the greater valley area has seen bags of these food-quality pellets for sale? Not around in the southern zone. Thanks!

For many years I have been BBQing on a Weber Kettle Gold and Weber Smokey Mountain Cookers here in Ticoland.

Try giving BBQ Business "Attrezzo", which is located in Santa Ana, a phone call at 2203-6420 or 8387-0087. Their website is at: attrezzocr.com.

They carry a long line of Quality BBQ Cookers and accessories and maybe they can help you out with the woodpellets.

Question, have you thought of buying them off Amazon.com and have them shipped to you here in Ticoland??

Good luck on your new "smoker"!

Edited by tibas9

Importing any wood product may be very difficult. Costa Rican import regulations mandate certification that the wood product did not come from a virgin source. I learned this from a retailer who was having problems importing appliances because they come crated on wooden pallets. The wood in the pallets had to be certified to have come from an approved source.

Importing any wood product may be very difficult. Costa Rican import regulations mandate certification that the wood product did not come from a virgin source. I learned this from a retailer who was having problems importing appliances because they come crated on wooden pallets. The wood in the pallets had to be certified to have come from an approved source.

So, could you used the wood in the pallets for your BBQ? B)

It is cool technology. These tiny pellets, some flavored allows you to smoke, cook, grill. Efficient and gosh it works well! The hardest thing for me as a long time "giller" is to NOT LIFT THE LID! The way it is set up will not allow anything other than pellets. So, it stays in the US if I can't find pellets in CR.....yummy either way!

Last year I packed a bunch of packaged "smoke wood" in a couple of suitcases that I purchased at Walmart USA and had no problema passing it through CR Customs at Juan SantaMaria Airport.