Sign in to follow this  
salish sea

Last-minute get-together at Jalapeño's?

Hi everyone,

We decided to make a trip to Alajuela tomorrow (Sun) and will be having lunch at Jalapeño's, probably getting there around noon. I seem to recall Tiffany saying something about possibly going there tomorrow. Anyone else up for it?

Sorry about the last-minute nature of this!

regards,

Gayle

Edited by salish sea

Sounds like a great idea. Last minute often works better than scheduled. Weekdays in particular, since weekends seem to be when everyone plans their social activities...

I'll check if it might be possible, although my better half may have plans for Sunday.

If you guys will be there, that firms up my resolve to go. I mean, you know how hard it is to convince myself to go ... ok, ok ... dang, you really do some insistent virtual arm twisting! We might not be there right at noon, but by 1 we could definitely be in burrito mode.

Last-minute doesn't always work... unfortunately...

Now it seems I must join Paul in crying ("waaaaahhhhh") because I won't be able to make it.

Next time...

Hey, Colin and Paul, we'll miss you! Tiffany, see you and Jorge and we'll be hanging out until you get there. And for anyone else, stop by for a drink if nothing else and introduce yourself!

regards,

Gayle

mmmm taco salad .... We all have our weaknesses

Gentlemen, no worries ... I shall add a tear to my beer as I raise the mug in your honor. Gayle, yes ... I think I'm with you today on the taco salad.

P.S. Gayle, I PMd you my digits, por si acaso.

Edited by stewart.tb

¡I have my mouth all set for a chimichanga! ¡Ole! Or maybe a quesadilla and a taco. Or… or… or… I'll be there, even if it does cut into my nap time!

Just was wondering whether there is going to be a debriefing on today's impromptu GTG. Was there really a tear in that beer? Did the GTG atually even happen?

(Maybe they're all currently sleeping off Norman's enormously nummy margaritas!)

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

Well, I almost succumbed to a nap afterwards, and am hitting the hay early tonight. We were there, as were Gayle, Paul, and Shea. Norm's place was packed to the gills when we first arrived, but we moved after a bit to a larger table after it cleared out some. Great food and English/Spanish practice. No actual tears in the beer, but you guys were missed. Hasta la próxima ...

No Margaritas in sight, but I still came home and slept off the lunch. Good food, good conversation. Norman was his usual self—handling a huge crowd with no signs of stress. Chimichanga was very good, and I finally got up the nerve to try the hot sauce. Appropriately named.

Hope you all (who needed to) napped well afterwards.

So Shea, did you like the hot sauce? I've had hotter, but Norn's is a good middle ground heat with a nice flavor.

Caro makes a hotter one that goes with the Buffalo Chicken. She makes it a tad hotter than usual one, for me when I order it.

Keeping my fingers X-ed for a trip down mid-April. We'll see.

We'll definitely do another one sometime while I'm there.

Cheers!

Paul M.

==

I have to say that it was a lot of fun, though pretty noisy until we were able to move. Jorge was very patient with me and my embarrassing Spanish, but we had a good conversation. Tiffany joined in occasionally. It was great to see them and Shea.

Next time more notice, and, Paul, I hope you're back in CR (and completely healed) in mid-April. Looking forward to the next GTG (Get-ToGether= GTG). And,truly, anyone who'd like to meet some of the regulars who post on the forum, this is a great way to do it and I promise that we absolutely do not bite!

regards,

Gayle

How about maybe making the next GTG for near the end of April?

That's gives people nearly a 2-month space to think about it and plan ahead for it.

Just a suggestion.

Paul M.

==