Jump to content

David C. Murray

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by David C. Murray

  1. My understanding is that you must first obtain a permit to drill for water. Then, because Costa Rica considers the water in the aquifer to be a publicly-owned resource, you must obtain a concession to actually use that water once you have found it. Likely all of this will take time and be expensive.
  2. This past April, a friend and I went to Nicaragua to fish for tarpon. "Fish" is the operative term. "Catch" did not enter into the equation. Be careful when you go. All that said, we went to a fishing lodge, fished from a boat, and had two guides with us at all times. We fished three two mile-long stretches of two different rivers over the course of four days. These places were several miles apart by river. Each time we moved to a new area, our guides first stopped at the shoreside town and bought what we took to be local fishing licenses. I don't know if you plan is to do this unescorted, but you have some research to do. Hope that helps.
  3. James is exactly right that the attorney should only be representing YOU. If you rely on an attorney who is recommended by a real estate agent, you may rest assured that the attorney has some loyalty to the real estate agent who refers business to him or her. In such a situation, the attorney, like the real estate agent, is more likely to be interested in making the deal happen than in representing your own (reasonable) selfish interests. Find your own attorney who has no loyalty to either the seller or the real estate agent. And if this is a potentially life-changing transaction for you, then do find a second attorney to check (redo) the work of the first.
  4. You're delving into a very, very complex matter and you need better, more professional advice than you're going to get on any discussion forum. As I understand it, the requirements and restrictions can vary from place to place. I think your best bet, if you're actually looking at a particular property, is to consult a local attorney who's an expert in real estate matters. Once you have a clear understanding of what is and isn't possible, get a second equally expert opinion. If the two agree, then you may be on the right track. If not, seek a third opinion.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.